
Sadie is my third Border Collie. She my little Sudsie Sadsie, my Sudster, my Blu Dawg, my Party Dawg, my Bulky Baby, my Tank, and especially my Crazy Dawg. She, like most people/animals in my life, has a multitude of nicknames. I love this crazy little girl. She is so hyperactive, which used to drive me nuts, but now I love it. I love to get her all riled up to the point that she whimpers excitedly or barks or runs around crazily. She brings out the kid in me.
Not only that, but I love the way this pup snuggles. She sidles up next to you on the couch and lays her face and sometimes one or both front paws across your legs as she dozes off. You can then in turn wrap a leg or two around her. She doesn't care. She just loves to be snugged. She is definitely an avid dreamer dog, meaning she runs and barks in her sleep. It is freaking hilarious! I always have to try not to laugh too hard so I don't wake her up.
Lately this little gal has really been trying to push her limits. Here is a list of misdoings from this past week alone:
- After dinner one night I left my plate on the table and took Baby Bean to the store. Hubs was upstairs when he heard what sounded like silverware on a plate. He came down to find Sudster up on a chair cleaning off my plate. She has NEVER done this before.
- Thanksgiving day I tossed a can that had cream of chicken soup into the recycle bin. We found the can later that night in the family room. I wish I could say she has never rooted in the garbage, but that was the second offense of that nature.
- One night we decided to leave her out of her crate while we were gone to see if we could trust her to behave. When we got home we found she had climbed up on the kitchen counter to obtain an avocado that she promptly tore up all over our new white rug in the family room.
- Mags has a stuffed bear that Sades stole and tore open the leg. Since then I have been hiding the bear or putting in places she knows she's not supposed to go. Last night she went up into my bedroom, found the bear, took it downstairs leaking stuffing everywhere, and tore it up right behind my husband.
Hubs gets mad at me because most of the time I am so shocked by her behavior I laugh. He hates it that I don't discipline her better. I guess I don't get on her more because it is my fault she is acting up. I need to walk her and exercise her to get her energy out. I can't blame her for that.
After the bear incident last night I decided that instead of being locked up in her nice warm crate inside the house while we were at work today, she would be out in the backyard, no matter how cold it was. The dogs do have a heated dog house out there, but Sadie rarely uses it. I think Mags growls her out. This morning it was a lot colder than I anticipated, but Hubs talked me into leaving her out there so she could run off her energy, claiming that alone would keep her warm, so I did.
All I can say is that little girl is lucky I love her as much as I do. I can't imagine a world without my Sudsie Sadsie.






7 Thoughts:
Reading this post was like reading about my dog. My husband is definitely the disciplinarian and he rolls his eyes at my constant nicknaming! :) Our dog is also BAD but such a lovebug and I can't imagine life without her! Cute pic!
That photo is gorgeous lol. When Flynn does that it just looks obscene because of the three boy bits lol.
If you put Mag's teddy where Sades cant get it, how does Mags ever get to play with her teddy!?
Most of what she does is things Flynn does too lol. However he can only get to the recycling and that rubbish doesnt hold much appeal for him. And we specifically buy teddies he can rip up. They are in 'his toybag' and once a week he is allowed to reach in and pick a new toy to 'play with' (read: destroy). It keeps him away from the important toys in the house.
I love the way/styple you write about things you love. Beautiful tributes to your brother, baby, dogs, hubby. They show how beautiful your heart is.
Can you believe these darn dogs, they get under your skin and into your heart and then all common sense goes out the window. I even contacted a breeder to ask if my dog needed a coat in the middle of summer when I started putting them outside at night. He must have thought I was crazy but came back letting me know that even though is is a smooth coat Border Collie, she has a double coat.
Molly's other thing is sleeping on the couch with her eyes open so all they show si the whites of her eyes, it creeps me out!
Oh well she is just too gorgeous and definitely brought a smile to my face tonight!! Oh those naughty puppies, they are very hard to discipline when sometimes they are just too funny.
I had JourneyDog over at my mum and dad's place the other night when I was over there for dinner and I turned around and he was up on the coffee table eating the remains of my Dad's cake!
He is nothing on my dog (Tiger) who is now in doggie heaven with my Nanna - he would jump up on the bbq, walk across the window sill and push the window open to get into the house - we thought he was a magician that dog - he could get in and out of anywhere!
Good on Sudsie - you are a cutie and no mistake!
I am so glad to know that I am not the only one who laughs at the dog instead of disciplining...and also tries not to laugh too loud so I don't wake up the entertaining sleep time! LOL!
They are such children and really love to rebel and honestly what good would they be if they didn't, life would be boring! I have noticed lately that ours are starting to team up, I can only imagine what is in our future with BOTH of them working together at something. YIKES!
I love her sleeping picture, too cute! Dogs are great, I can't imagine life without them! Thanks for this post, it really made me smile!
Thanks Chelle! You are incredibly sweet. :)
Silly girl! That is crazy that she can climb up onto the counter and all. I am sure she will turn out to be a fine dog like Mags.
Post a Comment