After I got her fed and both of us ready for the day, we hopped in the car to begin the first of our two weeks. As we were pulling out of the driveway I declared, "Let the fun begin!" First we headed to Tar.get to return some jeans I had bought that both Hubs and I hated after I tried them on at home. It was then I realized I could do my grocery shopping there and not have to make a trip to the grocery store as well. We wandered around the store looking at everything, and trying to find mittens for Baby Bean. I guess retailers not only think babies don't need mittens, but they also don't need winter coats because there were none to be found any where we looked today. I did, however, buy her some of those baby shoes that are supposed to be hard to get off for babies, the Ro.bies knock offs. I also bought her a bunch of crunchies and YoBa.by yogurt.
We took our new loot home to drop off all of the cold items, and then headed back out. First up we went to her pediatrician to drop of paperwork that needs to be signed by her doctor for daycare. Then we went to Kh.ols to see if we could find some jeans that fit just right. I have been back into my prepregnancy clothes for some time, but only had one pair of jeans that fit. I had a baggy pair that were driving me insane to wear because they not only made me look fatter, but they wouldn't stay up, on top of them being too short. I found three new pair of jeans that I LOVE (they even have a hidden panel to hold back the post baby belly), a new hat, and two pair of fuzzy aloe socks. I literally danced every time I tried on a new pair of jeans that not only fit, but that looked fantastic. It made Baby Bean smile, clap, and dance too.
After that, we went and washed my car at a self-service car wash. It was 64 degrees here today people! I am from the Northwest where it was like 30 degrees today, so 64 means shorts and tanks to me. We then grabbed lunch and went home where Baby Bean snuggled in for a nap. After said nap, she ate lunch and I tucked her into her stroller, threw a leash on the dogs, and we went for a walk. It was a BEAUTIFUL day outside. It doesn't really snow here so it still smells like fall outside. The weirdest thing to me is the trees that are green all year round.
The rest of our day was spent just chilling at home. "I won't say she was cranky, but I think one of us was cranky, and it wasn't me." Either the poor thing is getting sick again (she's had a cough), or she's teething, or both. I think it is more due to the latter, as she gnawed the wrapping paper off one of the presents tonight.
I am really excited and looking forward to day 2 of our stay-cation. We're going to a Christmas party in the morning with my teammates, and then we're going to lunch with Daddy. We were going to go to a Christmas attraction, but I think we'll postpone that for Wednesday.
From warm, sunny, gorgeous Texas, this is Chelle, and I'm out.
P.S. Did you notice I am down to 1.5 months left until my IUD removal?!






11 Thoughts:
What a great day! It sounds like you girls had a blast. And congrats on finding good jeans that fit, that is a HUGE accomplishment!!! Hope the christmas party & lunch goes great!!
Sounds like a really wonderful day. :-D And isn't it the best feeling trying on jeans that fit! Love it! and only a month and a half for IUD removal. That IS awesome!
It was indeed a beautiful day yesterday. I wish I was at home instead of in the most hectic week of my year! (well, other than Easter holy week lol)
Glad you and baby bean are already having a great time on your stacation :) Hope you enjoy the rest of your time just as much!!
Oh, that sounds like you had a wonderful day with your Baby Bean - too much fun!! I hope that you have a fabulous 2 week stay-cation!! It has been about 90 degrees (F) every day here in Thailand and I have just looked up what it is going to be at home on Christmas and it is going to be around 67 (freezing!!) - this is after my Mum text me the other day that it was 105 - Melbourne is very unpredictable!! Have a wonderful Christmas, my friend!
That sounds like the best day ever! My "baby" girl just graduated from college Saturday and we still enjoy our mother/daughter outings. Linda (via ICLW)
Oh, what a wonderful post! Sounds like such a great day. :)
~ICLW~
That was about our temp today too. Woo hoo!
Sounds like such a wonderful day!! Glad you were able to have so much fun!!
it sounds like you had such an awesome day!
merry christmas!
ICLW hugs!!
I can't wait for you to be able to get your IUD out. I just hope by then you are fully recovered and will be healthy enough to start trying right away. I am so glad that you are taking a two week period of time off of work to spend with baby bean, hubs, and the family. I am so happy that you found some cute jeans that fit you well.
Post a Comment