Find other Adoption/Loss/Infertility bloggers who share your struggles by visiting the Stirrup Queen's ALI Blog Roll.

Monday, December 28, 2009

First Christmas Recap

I am finally ready to present you with our Christmas recap!

Since we were unable to make it to Hubs' grandpa's for Thanksgiving, we decided to make the 9 hour trek for Christmas. His grandpa had been diagnosed with cancer earlier this year, so we wanted to make sure we spent what might be his last Christmas with him and all of Hubs' family. (We found out tonight that his chemo was successful and he has been declared cancer free!)

Because we weren't going to be here on Christmas day, I decided to give Baby Bean her rocking horse early. I knew we wouldn't be home until late the Sunday following Christmas, and I really wanted Hubs to carry her downstairs in the morning to see her horsey sitting under the tree with a bow around his neck, so she got her horse the Sunday before. Hence the early Christmas pictures.

Wednesday night at around 11:30 p.m. the car was loaded, the baby was asleep, and we were ready to go. Off we went on the arduous 9 hour drive. Hubs loaded up on Am.p and I stayed awake with him as long as I could. We rolled into town around 8:30 the next morning. Hubs' aunts and faux uncle were already there and waiting for us. We spent Christmas Eve with Baby Bean getting to know all of her daddy's family, hanging out, watching the baby, and eating goodies.

On Christmas morning we all got up and went to a nice breakfast. By the time we all got back home, Baby Bean was past her nap time and cranky, so I laid her down for a nap while the rest of us dug into our presents. Hubs' aunts and grandpa were very generous toward us this year and spoiled all of us immensely. But they really went all out for the baby. Of course, so did I. :D That afternoon we all enjoyed a wonderful Christmas dinner at the country club.


The kid got so many Christmas presents it was awesome. She doesn't quite know what to do with herself since we got home. She goes from new toy to new toy to new toy all day long. My favorites were the sock monkey she got from her grandpa and the Texas Te.ch horse from her aunts. She got scads of new clothes, which is awesome because now I don't need to buy her anymore for a while.


Christmas day with Hubs' family was more than I could ask for. I am glad that since we couldn't be with my family, at least we could be with his. We all had a great time, and Baby Bean was the center of attention the whole time. The child is so loved.

Saturday came too soon. Hubs' aunts and uncle went back home, and we were back in the car for a 6 hour drive for an overnight stop over to visit some of his friends. Can I just say that I don't mind traveling with a baby at all, but that I really hate how much is messes up her schedule? I don't mind all of the baby gear that fills up my car completely, or the extra time it takes to do everything. I just hate that her feeding and napping schedules go out the window.

Sunday afternoon we were back in the car for the last 4.5 hour leg of our trip home. Sunday night we happily and gratefully parked in our own driveway and unloaded the car. Next up was Part III of our Christmas. We hadn't taken very many of our presents to his grandpa's house, so we still had a ton left waiting for us at home. However, Baby Bean was DONE with all of the traveling and unwrapping of gifts. She pretty much cried through most of our present unwrapping and just wanted to go to bed.

The best Christmas present I had this year was the joy of finally being a mother and having a baby girl to adorn with gifts. At one point I thought to myself that this is what life is all about. Having and being a family. It was such a perfect holiday and we feel like such a perfect little family. I thank God every day for his blessings in my life.

Finally, because I know the grandparents, aunts, and uncles will love it, here is a little recap of our Christmas this year. Enjoy!

6 Thoughts:

JourneyGirl & JourneyMan said... [Reply to comment]

What a wonderful recap of your Christmas, Chelle - it sounds like you had a fabulous first Christmas with your gorgeous daughter!

Leah said... [Reply to comment]

Looks like such a wonderful time. :-D Isn't it great having your baby girl loved on so much? I'm sure she was the center of attention. :-D

Mazzy said... [Reply to comment]

Aww... looks like such a LOVELY Christmas for you and your little family. That baby is just cuter than cute! I hope she is having a blast will all of her new toys! What a little doll!
*hugs*

Barb said... [Reply to comment]

Congrats on cancer free! What a wonderful gift!!!

MOM said... [Reply to comment]

What a beautiful video! It made me cry. Thanks for sharing it with us.
Love you!!
MOM

Potters said... [Reply to comment]

I can't beleive she has long enough hair to do pig tails! She is so adorable. So is her mommy so I know exactly where she got it from. I'm so glad you were ablet o go spend time with hubs' family! It was much needed for everyone.

 

Template by: Bright Sunshine Designs by Mary