People always say that we have to crawl before we can walk. Hubs likes to tell people that he never crawled and went straight to walking. There are days where I wonder if my daughter will follow in his footsteps.
She is really close to crawling right now. For the most part she manages to scoot herself around to wherever she needs to go. I think she just lacks the self-assurance needed to keep herself up on all fours and move forward, especially on the slippery hardwood floors. She gets up on her hands and knees just fine, but I think is scared to actually crawl because she has fallen forward on her face too many times. Tonight was the first time she actually managed to crawl more than three paces. She crawled from one side of her room to the other. I was standing on one side of her room going through an old trunk of mine, discovering some long lost Wi.nnie the Poo.h friends, when Baby Bean managed to pull herself up to a standing position for the first time ever, using her changing table. Right on cue, praise, love, hugs, and kisses ensued for this new accomplishment.
One thing she loves to do is walk. She will grab hold of our fingers when offered, and proceed to walk us around the house, much to the chagrin of my already achy back. Lately when I lay on the floor to play with her, she comes over and uses me to pull herself up to standing. How can a mother resist that? Of course I then hold out my fingers, and we walk around the house. The last time I bought socks, I tried to get as many pair as I could with the little rubber skids on them, since most of our floors are hardwood.
If you promise not to tell Hubs I did this, here is a little video that I was able to capture of him walking our darling little girl around the family room. I had wanted so badly to catch one of these moments with him and her, but he loathes being on camera, so I'm surprised he didn't mind this night. I am so glad I got it. I will cherish it always.
In response to a comment that made me laugh, I need to clarify that it was almost bed time when this was taken and Baby Bean was getting cranky. I posted this video because capturing it was a one-time deal. Usually it makes Baby Bean squeal with delight when we walk her around.






7 Thoughts:
Lol it totally looks like she's trying to stomp on his feet!
Hi. :-D I've missed seeing your updates and am happy to be back so I can catch up with you. :-D
I wasn't able to view the video for some reason. Bummer. Your girl is growing up! Must be bittersweet. She is just so adorable. :-D
too cute! Although I gotta admit, she doesn't seem all that enthusiastic on this clip lol
I love it! One of my favorite things in the world is to watch little kids learn how to walk... and then those first few weeks after they master it. They are so adorable toddling around all stiff legged and wobbly but thrilled at what they're doing - so stinkin' cute!
So adorable! I love her little whimpers. "Just pick me up Daddy!" She did a great job walking around.
Awww, so cute! Love it!!
What a precious video! You really will always cherish it.... Baby Bean is adorable!
Yes...I DID get the vase. I apologize, I should have written immediately, but everytime I would sit down to the computer I would be needed elsewhere. It is even MORE beautiful than the pictures show!!! My house is decorated in Blues, Purples and Pinks, so it would have worked ANYWHERE! I ended up putting it in the den for now, but I think it is going to end up as a centerpiece on my kitchen table. I am so in love with it. If I use it there, I would LOVE salt/pepper shakers to coordinate!!!
Thank you so much for the kind words. We are coming to terms with the diagnoses (we had come to terms before, but then had so many GOOD months that I guess we forgot how sick he really is). We are just enjoying every "good" day he has!
Thank you again for my beautiful vase...you are as talented as you are kind~
♥,Lilly
Post a Comment