Find other Adoption/Loss/Infertility bloggers who share your struggles by visiting the Stirrup Queen's ALI Blog Roll.

Thursday, October 29, 2009

Still Trying to Catch My Breath

Almost exactly one month ago, I wrote this blog post in which I told all of my blog readers that my husband and I were going through a difficult phase, and to please say a little prayer for us. The difficulty was not with our marriage. Rest assured, that is as strong as ever, if not more so. But I asked for the prayers in helping my sweetie find a job. I didn't want to come right out on the blog and say that, and I won't get into why other than to say it made me feel a little uncomfortable.

Hubs has been working and running his own business from home since 6 months into our relationship. Unfortunately, with the economy being the way it was, things slowed down considerably the last year. Needless to say, the need for full time employment became imminent.

Tuesday afternoon, Hubs dropped Baby Bean off at the office with me on his way to the fourth round of interviews with a company. Like any good infertile wouldn't, I didn't get my hopes up. I just didn't have feelings either way. I was tired of getting my hopes up that this interview would be the one only to find out later it wasn't. So I left work early, took Baby Bean home, laid her down for a nap, and took one myself.

Yesterday at around 4:00 in the afternoon, Hubs IMed me and asked if our neighbor might still be up for watching our daughter. I asked why. His reply was, "Duh." Okay, so either he is going on another interview somewhere, as had been commonplace of late, or he got the job. My next question was what day and time. Again, "Duh." I then asked if he got the job. "That would be the duh part."

I was elated! Finally! I knew God wouldn't let us down. I just didn't know when things would turn out. I turned around and told my teammates right away, and they were all very excited with me. I started to get lightheaded because it was such a relief. A huge weight had been lifted off my shoulders. I then found out he starts work on Monday, which inevitably sent me into a tailspin. We have two days to figure out childcare. I have two days to get everything together for Baby Bean to even go to childcare. Let us not forget the massive upset to everyone's schedules. As fast as the excitement had come on, panic took over in its place. So many things to address!

We are all very excited. This is a fantastic opportunity for Hubs, and it is a good thing for all of us all around, except for maybe the dogs who have never been home all alone during the day since we got either of them. We are going to check out daycare facilities tomorrow, and I will spend the rest of my weekend getting everything together for Monday. Oh yeah, and we'll be attempting round 2 of the 9-month photo shoot. Please let the weather and the baby cooperate!!!

11 Thoughts:

Anonymous said... [Reply to comment]

WOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! That is fantastic news!!! God is good. Congrats to Hubs on the job, I am sure the weight that has been lifted off you both was HUGE! Good luck with the child care bit, it will work out...God laid out this path for you so the rest will work too! Praying for you!!!!

Heather said... [Reply to comment]

That is fantastic news!!!

Marla said... [Reply to comment]

Yay! That's really, really good news! Congrats, and good luck with your whirl-wind of day-care interviews :)

Marla said... [Reply to comment]

Oh, and one more thing, I've left you another award on my blog. :)

AL said... [Reply to comment]

Congrats to your hubby on the new job! I hope the the child care details work out quickly. Once that is figured out, you'll have to have a celebration with your husband!

Have a great weekend

Barb said... [Reply to comment]

My Hub does the "duh" thing too b/c he can't really be too obviously proud of himself. It's cute.

Congrats!!

Sue said... [Reply to comment]

Congratulations on the JOB, the rest will fall into place :)

Potters said... [Reply to comment]

I am so happy that he got the job. I hope this will help to take away the stress that you've been having. I wish him good luck on his first day of work.

twondra said... [Reply to comment]

What a HUGE relief!!! God answers prayers! Congrats!! I hope child care works out well. :)

mckala7 said... [Reply to comment]

Congratulations! I know what a huge relief that is.

Mazzy said... [Reply to comment]

Praise God! Wonderful news about the job. I am certain everything will fall in to place just fine. Money is so ridiculously stressful. Being a grown up sure sucks sometimes.
*hugs*

 

Template by: Bright Sunshine Designs by Mary