Find other Adoption/Loss/Infertility bloggers who share your struggles by visiting the Stirrup Queen's ALI Blog Roll.

Thursday, October 1, 2009

Say a Little Prayer

Growing up, I was a religious person who went to church every week, attended seminary in school, and even went to a church school for the first two years of my college education. However, a couple years after leaving the church school, my attendance fell off, as did my scripture reading, and definitely the prayers. The latter because I felt I had no right to ask God for anything when I wasn't meeting my end of the bargain.

The last few months in our house have been rough. Not with our relationships or our marriage, but with life in general. It really feels as though we have days where we're holding tight to each other as a storm rages around us, threatening to bring us to our knees. It always seems to be one thing after another. I feel like I am constantly being drawn and quartered by everything that is going on, and I have days where I literally break down and cry so hard my face goes numb.

A couple of days ago, after a talk with Hubs, I ended up in my bedroom, on my knees. I was praying for the first time in years. Asking God to please help our family. To please help us support the wonderful daughter he blessed us with. The fact that I got to that point tells me I absolutely cannot bear my burden alone, and that I shouldn't try to anymore.

At this time I would like to ask all of my family and blog friends to please say a little prayer for my family that we will get through this, and that we will be provided with what we need to support our family. I appreciate any prayers on our behalf.

I hope you are all doing well and that life is affording you what you need.

8 Thoughts:

Potters said... [Reply to comment]

You are always in my prayers. I know that the Lord never leaves our side. He is the one we can count on being there with us through every trail we have. You can make it through this.

~Ifer said... [Reply to comment]

You are in our prayers, definitely. I know what it's like to come back after being away for a long time, and just remember that He is there for you, to listen to you, and to help you whenever you are willing to accept it.

Marla said... [Reply to comment]

Oddly enough, Chelle, I felt compelled to pray for you this morning before reading this post. I did so, and will continue to do so. God MUST be looking out for you. I can't explain it otherwise.

twondra said... [Reply to comment]

definitely in my prayers sweetie. I hope things get better. (((HUGS)))

Mazzy said... [Reply to comment]

I am so sorry to hear that times are tough right now and I am praising the Lord that you are asking him for help. I've always found that he is always there, no matter how far off I seem to stray.
*hugs*

Chelle said... [Reply to comment]

Thank you so much ladies. Your thoughts and prayers really mean a lot to me. I appreciate you all so very much.

Marla, it is amazing how sometimes we can be so connected and in tune with other people's needs even before they say anything. I sincerely appreciate your praying for me that morning. You have a very special gift.

MissNoAngel (find me on Twitter) said... [Reply to comment]

I'm sorry that you are having such a rough time...I sure hope you get to feeling better soon and I'm happy to hear that you are finding your faith agian. I think I lost most of mine along the IF way...still hanging by a thread somewhere...=)

Anyhow, prayers being sent. Along with some ((hugs))

Leah said... [Reply to comment]

Still catching up on posts. Hope things are better for you, and I will continue to pray for you and your family. I hope you guys have a lot of sunshine coming your way.

 

Template by: Bright Sunshine Designs by Mary