By the time that night rolled around, I told Hubs we needed to bump Baby Bean's crib down because it would only be a matter of time before she figured out how to pull herself up to standing. I knew from the day we set that crib up dropping it down was going to be a hard day for me because it meant my baby was growing up. I just had no idea how hard it was going to be. Sunday night we bumped it down, put the mattress back in, and slid it back up against the wall. Within seconds I was crying so hard I thought my heart would break. All I could do was sit there and sob. Time is just going by way too quickly. It is slipping through my fingers.
Hubs tried to cheer me up by telling me that I should be excited. Baby Bean would get big and we could go do all sorts of fun things with her like take her to theme parks. It only made me cry harder because it made me realize once again that time would go too fast. He then told me we could have another baby and bump the crib back up for the next one. That made me cry more. I love these moments. The ones we're in right now. Us, our darling little baby girl, and our two fantastic dogs. It is magical and so special. It will never be this way again.
I know that I will only be sad for a moment, and that it will pass. I do look forward to my little girl growing up and watching her explore her world, enjoy everything life has to offer, and experience her life. I just wish that I could hang onto these moments a little longer.
With that, I leave you with a few fun tidbits in the form of pictures and videos from the last few days.
Hanging out with Sades in Maggie's bed.
(Before you say anything mom, know that the baby LOVES the dogs. LOL! I love you. :D)Maggie's got a cushy bed with a fantastic view.
Baby Bean likie.
"Now, I'm not sayin' you can't have your bed back,
I'm just sayin' I'm not ready to get out yet."
"Mom, why isn't my bed this soft?"
Sitting up on my own
Swinging the afternoon away






7 Thoughts:
She really is growing up. When I first found your blog she was so little. She is absolutely precious though. So cute. :-D
Chelle, she is SO beautiful! I know you feel sad that she is growing so quickly, but TRUST ME, every stage is MORE magical and wonderful than the one they just left. Your love just keeps growing right along with her!
I WON your vase!!! I am so BEYOND excited! I will commission you to make me some complimentary pieces~
Have a wonderful week~
♥,Lilly
Look at all the effort she has to put into sitting up, I bet her abs are totally sore today lol. She is beyond sweetness, you're right to be so proud of her!
Eeeeeek! She is so, SO cute!
They do grow up fast. ((hugs))
I won't try to cheer you up, but I do agree with what your husband said about having new things to look forward to.
Awww... she is beautiful! And I don't think there is anything wrong with being sad about each passing stage. You are right in that this stage will not come again, but life is like that, I think. The key is to enjoy each stage as it happens, live it up to the max, and hold tight to the memories :)
This is such a cute post, I love it! It hard not to see each milestone as a separation from the baby stage. I get really misty eyed over that stuff, too. Isn't it so weird how infertility just seems to drag on for eternity but once the baby arrives life shifts in to warp speed? (sigh)
*hugs*
Man she is so cute! Her hair is getting long. She is so cute swinging around and sitting in the dog's bed. I loved watching her roll around trying to sit up. That was so cute too. Thanks for sharing those fun moments with us.
Post a Comment