Find other Adoption/Loss/Infertility bloggers who share your struggles by visiting the Stirrup Queen's ALI Blog Roll.

Saturday, October 31, 2009

Weekend Wrap-Up



Ask and ye shall receive. Baby Bean in her Halloween costume! I wasn't going to buy her a costume this year because I just couldn't justify spending the money on a costume she would wear once when I needed the mula to go other places. However, being a first-time mom, I didn't want to look back and regret not buying her a costume. So yesterday when we went to the store to buy daycare items, I bought this adorable little costume (which was even on sale!). I'm glad I did, even though she only wore it for 45 minutes, because it was so stinking cute on her. She hated it though, and I think she went to bed cursing me for making her wear it at all.

She had so much fun helping me give out candy tonight. Every time I would open the door, she would squeal with delight at the trick-or-treaters. She also loved getting into the candy dish, mouthing a piece of candy in its wrapper, putting it back, and grabbing another piece of candy to mouth. It was hilarious to watch. See for yourself! (I was talking to my dad on the phone, please excuse his french.)


This weekend still has one day before it is over, but the two days that have past have been an insane whirlwind that has left my head reeling. Friday morning Hubs and I went and checked out two daycare centers. I liked and disliked things about both of them, but eventually decided on the one that is less than a couple miles from my work and gives discounts to employees of my company. They told me I could absolutely come and have lunch with my daughter any day I wanted, which was awesome news for me. Up until now, I have come home for lunch 3-4 times a week just to feed Baby Bean and head back to work. So the director telling me I could still do that sealed the deal.

I am pretty happy about our decision. I no longer think that daycare is of the devil. The women who work there know what they are doing with infants more than I do, so she will have some structure, they will help her with things like using a sippy cup, eating with utensils on her own, etc. On top of which, she loves other babies, and she will have lots of exposure to other kids there. I am actually kind of excited for her, minus the separation anxiety and knowing that it is only a matter of time before she catches her first cold. At least I won't be very far away and can still have lunch with her every day if I want to.

Today was an insane blur I would rather forget, so I won't even get into it other than to say we had Part 2 of the 9-month photo shoot and we got some seriously fantastic pictures. I can't wait to put together the slide show. Even better, my best friend asked if I would take some pictures of her and Baby Bean. My heart about leaped out of my chest. Of course I would! I was so happy she asked. She even gave me permission to put them in the slide show. I officially dubbed her an "Auntie" to Baby Bean today too. A title she was honored and happy to accept.

Tomorrow I plan to take it easy and spend the majority of my baby-less time on the computer reading blogs, putting together the slide show, and doing a bit of Christmas shopping.

We hope you had a happy and safe Halloween

10 Thoughts:

Heather said... [Reply to comment]

I am soooo glad you got the costume, she looked SOOO adorable!!!

And I love how all your movies end in "I love you!"

Kelly said... [Reply to comment]

So cute! What a good choice! You HAVE to put her in the costume! :)

Leah said... [Reply to comment]

Oh my gosh! So cute! I love the video and the costume. :-D

Megs said... [Reply to comment]

She is adorable in that costume!! Glad you had a wonderful weekend, even though it was a crazy whirlwind :) Enjoy the rest of your week!!

Mom said... [Reply to comment]

THANK YOU for posting the pictures and video!!!!!
She is getting so big and so cute!
We're just missing too much!
LOVE YOU!
MOM

Anonymous said... [Reply to comment]

The costume is TOO cute! And congrats on finding a daycare you are pleased with. It's not so bad once you get over those first few steps, I am sure she will love it!

A.K. said... [Reply to comment]

she's soooo cute!!!

Potters said... [Reply to comment]

She is so cute! I love how she helped herself to the candy bowl. I'm glad you were able to find a good daycare for her to go to.

Mazzy said... [Reply to comment]

Dude, that costume is SO CUTE! I would have snatched that one up if I had seen it. And you look AMAZING in that photo! Really beautiful. :)

So glad you guys found a good daycare. I think it's cool that you guys were able to have her home so long and now she'll get the benefit of awesome social interaction. I am a tad apprehensive for the day that L will be going to daycare (it will happen sometime next year), but I know it will be a great experience and I look forward to hearing how it goes for you guys.

Steph said... [Reply to comment]

Darling Michelle!
I think of you often. I really want to catch up with you...bad.
Please know I think of you constantly. I think more so becuase I am still in a place where you used to be, so I have reminders all around me. Which I like....it's just missing one thing. YOU!! Love you much!

 

Template by: Bright Sunshine Designs by Mary