Find other Adoption/Loss/Infertility bloggers who share your struggles by visiting the Stirrup Queen's ALI Blog Roll.

Sunday, October 4, 2009

What Weekend?

Like all weekends, this past one flew by way too quickly. It feels like I really have to work to make it to each weekend, and then it is gone in the blink of an eye.

Now here it is, Sunday night, and I am standing on the precipice of another workweek, wondering where the weekend went.

A couple of months ago I signed up to entertain some folks from church and then completely forgot about it. I had plans to go shopping with my best friend on Saturday morning to buy material for Halloween costumes she is making for Baby Bean and I. A half hour before I was supposed to head out the door, the folks from church called to confirm the time for that night. I looked around the house after we hung up and realized it was a complete mess. I then spent the next 6 hours cleaning like a mad woman and cooking dinner. The shopping was postponed.

On Saturday morning, Baby Bean opened a package from my MIL that had come a couple of days before. My MIL requested that I please take pictures of Baby Bean opening the gift and send them to her, which I will, but I also wanted to share the adorable photos with all of you.










Thanks for the pressies CC! Baby Bean loves them. I really love the little brown one. The outfits are adorable!

That was as much fun as I was afforded for pretty much the rest of the morning and up until our guests arrived that evening. I barely saw my baby girl that day other than to feed her and tote her to UPS to send Lilly the vase she won in Leah's raffle (it will be there Weds Lilly!) and my old satellite radio to my little brother (it will be there Thurs Birdman!), and then to the grocery store to buy some last minute ingredients for dinner. Baby Bean loved having company over and was a perfect angel the whole time. It was well worth all the effort to have them here, if for no other reason than it gave me an excuse to finally deep clean my house.

Today was a little more laid back, as everything had been cleaned up yesterday. I took a luxurious nap when the baby did this morning, and then spent the rest of the day being domestic in the kitchen. Very nice.

As I have mentioned previously, I love taking my daughter upstairs to my bedroom and talking to her while I fold laundry. Today she was very helpful in unfolding everything shortly after I folded it. It made me laugh. Here I will end this post with a little picture of her hanging out on the floor of my room while I went to get the latest batch of clothes from the dryer.

7 Thoughts:

Barb said... [Reply to comment]

Really really cute.

I LOVE getting cute whole outfits. LOVE it.

Marla said... [Reply to comment]

She's definitely a keeper ;) She is such a cutie! My week-end was a blur, too. I wish I worked for one of those companies that gives 3-day week-ends. Oh well.

Oh, and stop by my blog! I left a present for you (Baby Bean isn't the only one that gets gifts).

~Ifer said... [Reply to comment]

It's not fair that weekends are gone so quickly, that's for sure.
Mike and I had a busy, but fun weekend.. I need to find the time in the busy day today to write about it :)

Paula Keller said... [Reply to comment]

Wow! She's getting so big! Hard to believe!

Thanks so much, Chelle, for the positive vibes. You've really been there for me. I appreciate every comment you make.

Life Happens said... [Reply to comment]

OMG, your daughter is absolutely adorable! I could just eat her up! Thanks for sharing your blog with me.

Potters said... [Reply to comment]

That was nice of your MIL to send you the outfits. Baby Bean I am sure will look cute in them. Cause she is just so cute! Be aware that the laundry unfolding doesn't stop for a very long time.

twondra said... [Reply to comment]

She is so adorable! Love the pics!

 

Template by: Bright Sunshine Designs by Mary