Find other Adoption/Loss/Infertility bloggers who share your struggles by visiting the Stirrup Queen's ALI Blog Roll.

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Her First Favorite

My darling little Baby Bean officially has her first favorite toy. When I bought it I didn't think she would really ever play with it. It is a little doggie toy that when you press its belly, it barks twice. Making it bark always makes Baby Bean smile. For months it hung on or was close by her play gym. Then one night I rotated some of the toys out of her crib and put the little dog in with her. Ever since then, she has been hooked on that toy. When I put her into bed at night, I squeeze its tummy two times and let it bark. She reaches up for him with her free hand, while sucking on the thumb of the other.



One night last week, about half an hour after I had put her to bed, she started crying and then full out screaming. I went up to make sure she wasn't caught in her crib, which she wasn't. Within a second, I figured out her dog must have fallen out of the crib. I turned the light on to see tears streaming down her face, and the dog absent from the bed. After looking around, I found him, and placed him back in her hands. She took him, rolled over on her side, began sucking her thumb again, and went back to sleep.

This morning, she woke up around 7:00 (she usually sleeps until 9:00) and sat in bed making a cry that was between a cry and moan. This went on for a while before Hubs went into see what was wrong. When he got into the room, she was sitting up in her crib, crying because her dog was on the floor. Hubs picked it up, made it bark, and handed it to her. He said she grabbed it, laid down, and went back to sleep.

When I got up and started making breakfast, Hubs related the details to me. I told him I had wondered if that was what was going on because of what happened last week. He told me that I should go get another one of those dogs, if not two, as backups just in case this one gets lost. This afternoon I got on the internet and ordered two more.

Right now, my darling baby girl is sound asleep, doggie in her hands.

4 Thoughts:

~Ifer said... [Reply to comment]

I envy her that simple ability to have one item, and to know that all is right with the world.

What a darling

JourneyGirl & JourneyMan said... [Reply to comment]

That is a brilliant idea getting back ups!! I will keep that in mind for the future. Your little baby bean is a girl after my own heart, my choice would be a little doggy too!

Kisses.

Potters said... [Reply to comment]

I love that she has a favorite toy. What better than a cute dog that barks! Good thinking on getting a few backups.

Louise said... [Reply to comment]

This is so sweet! Now you have back-ups, just make sure you don't go rotating those toys again! How Baby Bean has grown. x

 

Template by: Bright Sunshine Designs by Mary