We discovered while contemplating the trip just how much gear a baby really needs to travel, hence my previous post. I had Friday off work, so we packed the car up (literally packed up every square inch) early that morning and hit the road. Baby Bean slept pretty much the entire way down there, waking up a couple hours before we finally got in. When we got there Grandpa and Hubs' aunt, who was also down that weekend, were out to dinner, so we unpacked the car and waited.
As soon as they got home and Grandpa came around the corner, he laid eyes on his precious new great granddaughter. It was so wonderful to see the smile spread across his face. He was truly beaming and pronounced that she was more beautiful than either of her parents. We told him she turned out to be so pretty we wanted to make more. Next up was Auntie D. She was all about holding her new niece. She couldn't take her eyes off her the whole weekend and would beam every time she looked over at Baby Bean.
Its a good thing Baby Bean is so dang cute because she woke up around 4:00 a.m. both nights and fussed clear up until 9:00. I felt bad that no one got any sleep, including Grandpa who was on the other side of the house. He said, "She definitely has a set of lungs." Auntie D and Grandpa didn't seem to mind that she kept them up all night, but I felt pretty bad.
The next morning Baby Bean got to meet Grandma CC and Uncle T when all of us went to brunch. Grandma CC was excited to meet her granddaughter and couldn't wait to hold her. She even bought her a pretty little Easter hat that I can't wait to put on the baby.
After we left Grandpa's house on Sunday we headed to Hubs' best friend's house a few hours away so their family could meet the baby. Hubs is the godfather of their son. We pulled into town around 8:00 and checked into a hotel. I was so tired all I wanted to do was go to bed, so I gave the baby a bath and fed her while Hubs went to see his pal. Baby Bean was OUT by 9:30 and slept clear until 6:00! I couldn't believe she slept that long. I also felt bad she didn't sleep like that either night we were at Grandpa's, but I sure did appreciate the rest.
The next morning Baby Bean was introduced to her dad's best friend and his wife and another old friend. Shortly after lunch time we finally headed back home. Both of us were exhausted from the drive, and Hubs was even more exhausted because he barely slept the whole weekend. He didn't even get back to the hotel until 6:00 a.m. the night he went to see his friend.
The weekend was really nice, and it was so much fun to introduce the baby to almost all of her dad's side of the family. They all absolutely love her and think she is a very beautiful baby. We do too. ;) I just hope we get to have a few more experiences like that this year.






1 Thoughts:
Awww what a cute picture of Baby Bean and Grandpa!She will love this picture for the rest of her life. I'm so glad that you got to go down and visit all your family and friends. I'm glad you made it back safely.
Post a Comment