Baby Bean, as always, is doing awesome. She has been super fussy the last three days, which is a real bummer since it started Friday when I was able to leave work early to come home and be with her. Wait, back up. I did get to leave work early because we had our annual R&D awards "banquet" in which my team won numerous awards. (Go team!) However, the banquet was 86'ed this year due to financial constraints, so it turned into a pot luck at a coworker's house. I digress. By the time I got home at 3:30 part of me was kind of praying Baby Bean would be asleep so I could sneak in a quick nap. Praise be to heaven, the child was OUT. So I mosied off to bed, guilt-free. At 5:30 Hubs came and woke me up to go to dinner. Well, he kind of woke me up because my body refused to wake up. He and I managed to drag my butt to dinner, and then back home where I curled back up on the couch and quickly went back to sleep. I was way too tired to feel guilty. I woke up long enough to spend some time with Baby Bean, feed her, and get her into bed, and then was in bed myself very shortly after that. Luckily she still loves me.
That was the last I saw of the Happy Baby for the weekend. Enter "Fuss Puss."
Please notice in the above picture that Baby Bean is successfully bringing her hands together. Yay Baby!!! She has yet to go through that phase where she looks at her hands for hours on end. I just don't think she cares. She does, however, grab things, and manages to hold her fingers in her mouth in an attempt to self-soothe and put herself to sleep. The fact that she can do both of those things leads me to believe she won't have the "What is this? A hand?" phase. She is already mastering the ability to pinch things between her thumb and index finger, which is a bit ahead of the curve. Go baby girl! Yes, I am indeed a proud mommy.
accomplishments and make such a big deal out of them."
As for me, my hair has started to fall out. As promised by the books, it is falling out by the handful. I guess my dogs read the book too and decided they didn't want to be left out because they are shedding like crazy too. Perhaps we should have a competition to see who can shed the most.
Well, I just finished baking some cookies and Baby Bean just woke up from her nap, so I am off to snack and play. Ta ta!
P.S. If you were lucky enough to catch the Internal Debate post before I took it down (no I'm not talking about the size one, but the freaking out one), I had a neg pg test this morning. Phew!
Well, I just finished baking some cookies and Baby Bean just woke up from her nap, so I am off to snack and play. Ta ta!
P.S. If you were lucky enough to catch the Internal Debate post before I took it down (no I'm not talking about the size one, but the freaking out one), I had a neg pg test this morning. Phew!






6 Thoughts:
Oh my gosh, she is so cute! Look at that smile. I love it. I'm so happy that you got some sleep. It's good for you. I'm sorry she was fussy for the weekend.
Yay for your negative pregnancy test! Isn't it weird to hear that? I know it was weird to say that. . . considering we're all hoping for a positive test. :-D
Such an adorable baby you have. :-D
I love these photos, she is just stunning! Oh so cute!
The hair! WAH!! I have been dreading that happening, I will cry my eyes out if it does. Heck, I am crying for you right now!
*hugs*
She is just so ADORABLE, so good to hear such a proud mama, albeit an exhausted one. ((HUGS))
Yeah, I really enjoyed the hair falling out phase. I was sort of surprised at how long it takes to set in, I thought it would be right away...and then I thought I was going to get away without it...ha!
So glad the Bean is doing so well...she's a cutie pie!
Great for you remembering the scissor-tailed flycatchers!! They are TRULY beautiful birds. Thanks for the note. :)
Post a Comment