Find other Adoption/Loss/Infertility bloggers who share your struggles by visiting the Stirrup Queen's ALI Blog Roll.

Sunday, April 5, 2009

Motherhood Rocks!

Okay, so I have to say that this whole parenthood thing is so much more fulfilling than I ever imagined. I knew I'd love it. I just had no idea how much I would love it. Baby Bean has been smiling up a storm today and has really come into her Happy Babiness this week. She smiles all of the time and makes cute little baby noises when she does it. I can't get enough of it. She's smiling at me now. :) I used to only want two kids, but now that I have Baby Bean, I want as many as I can have before the doctors tell me no more, or I'm too old. The whole experience from pregnancy to now has just been too incredible for words.

I think I owe a lot of my strong feelings to having been an infertile for two years. Having this baby girl here is such an amazing blessing, and it feels like a miracle to us. I really think anyone who has had to honestlly undergo infertility treatments to concieve make better parents because we are so much more appreciative of the blessing.

Baby bean is already a pro at holding her head up in an upright position. We pulled out the Bum.bo last night to see if she could pull off sitting in it, and she did!




Is she a beautiful baby or what?! I am so in love with my little girl!

Hubs has been working with her and trying to get her to sleep through the night the past few weeks too. He read a book called The.Sleep.Solution and has been putting the techniques to use. Baby Bean now sleeps for 8 hour stretches! We put her down at 10:00 every night and she is making it to 5:30 a.m. before needing to be fed. I read that part of our success is also due to the Baby.Plus I used while I was pregnant.

The only people in the house not totally in love with the baby are the dogs. I feel bad, but they have been neglected since the baby was born. I swore I wouldn't be this way, but that was before I knew how much work a newborn was. I'm slowly getting back to finding time and remembering to dote on them, but I'm a long ways away from where I was before the baby. They definitely don't get their weekly baths anymore. Poor pooches.

As for the mastitis, it has cleared up, and I have quit pumping and nursing. Baby Bean drank her last bottle of breast milk ever yesterday. I have been so torn up about it. I wanted so badly to provide her with breast milk, but things just didn't work for us. I've been trying to make myself feel better about it by reminding myself I can eat whatever I want again, and I went and bought myself a tube of Stri.vectin to get rid of my stretch marks.

I guess that's about it for now. I need to finish my ice cream and then go give Baby Bean a bath. Good night!

5 Thoughts:

seussgirl said... [Reply to comment]

She IS beautiful. :) And that's so great that she's sleeping so well!

Two Hands said... [Reply to comment]

She is so gorgeous. I'm so happy you're both doing so well.

Potters said... [Reply to comment]

She is getting so grown up. She is one of the cutest babies I've ever seen. I just want to play with her every time I see cute videos and pictures of her. I'm glad that she is starting to sleep through the night. It's one of the best things ever.

Mel said... [Reply to comment]

Gorgeous girl... I feel like I want an infinite amount of babies, too. They are so much fun! She is so cute in her bumbo!
I have totally neglected my dogs, too, I am so ashamed. We also said we wouldn't, but it is impossible! Any time I get without the baby is time I need to be sleeping or eating right now!
SUCKS about the mastitis, I am so sorry. :( I would probably bawl my eyes out if it came to that for us. You have to do what you have to do, though, and you do have the added benefit of being able to have more cocktails for sure!!!!!!!!!
Let me know how that strivection works.... I need help, too.

Kat470 said... [Reply to comment]

This post reminded me why I'm going through my infertility treatments. :-D I think you are right. . . no one could ever appreciate a baby as much as people who have dealt with infertility.

 

Template by: Bright Sunshine Designs by Mary