All of the PMs who needed work done on their manuals while I was gone chose to save all said work until my return, even though I had set them up with secondary help to get them through the eight weeks I was gone. I wasn't here long before I was back in the saddle making modifications and had scads of work to catch up on. I even have a tight deadline coming up by the end of the month and I'm not sure I'll make it. All of that helped take my mind off the fact that I wasn't at home snuggling my baby girl.
It also helps that I work a few short miles from home, so I am able to go home for lunch every single day. It makes the days go by faster with that little happy break in the middle.
As for the laying off thing, I have been told that I am pretty much more secure here than anyone else on my team since I am the only person in the company who does what I do, and I work for four different groups here. Not many people here can claim the latter. Maybe a handful at most. On top of that, I had my annual review upon my return and it was GLOWING. My PM said he rarely gives glowing reviews and that his PM even more rarely hands out compliments like the one he gave me. I guess I must be doing something right here.
Given the choice, I would still rather work part time, but I'm glad I have a job to come to and that it is filled with such wonderful people. I can handle this.






6 Thoughts:
I am glad that you are doing ok going back to work. It is hard but it isnt too bad if you try to get yourself ready for it. I'm so proud of you doing all this. I am glad that you are safe at work and that you got so many compliments.
I'm glad your first week back was good AND that you can go home for lunch. Also, congrats on the glowing reviews! You rock!
I'm so glad that going back has been fairly smooth for you. :-D It must have been so hard to leave your little girl, but at the same time, it must be wonderful that you get to go home to her every night. :-D
I still get physically sick when I think about going back to work... I am glad you are handling it so well! It sounds like you work in the dream job and that it's really worth it for you to make the sacrifice, too. Especially in this economy!
*hugs*
I live pretty close to work as well, but I made the decision when I went back NOT to do the home for lunch thing. I don't trust myself, and I would never leave the house again! lol
Kudos to you for being stronger than I am...and I'm glad you had a good first day back. =)
So so happy to hear you survived the week, and the great reviews, well done!! So who's looking after BB? So glad you can get home at lunch time, hey, been meaning to email and see how you are feeling physically, is the mastitis all cleared up. ((HUGS))
Post a Comment