We've been working on getting Baby Bean on a schedule for the past couple of days. I am still pumping every 6 hours and then we supplement the rest of her feedings with formula. We've found that if we save the breast milk from the night pumpings for her day feedings and give her formula at night she will sleep a little bit longer at night. Thanks to Hubs giving up his sleep, I only have to get up once during the night to pump and then its back to bed for me. I can't even tell you how wonderful this has been. Not only does my ability to sleep help speed my recovery, but it helps out a lot with my ability to be patient and deal with a fussy baby and an out of control 10-month-old puppy.
In addition to keeping the baby all night long, he always asks if there is anything he can get me during the day, like food, drink, or Ad.vil. That is some serious love! I can't even begin to tell you how very blessed and lucky I feel to be married to such a wonderful man. I can promise you I don't question his love and devotion for me.
The only thing that makes me feel bad is that I don't know how I can repay the favor. He doesn't like it when I spend money in large amounts, so he wouldn't be happy with me if I ran out and bought him a new HDTV, which I would LOVE to do. Taking him out to dinner isn't really a treat or a way to say thank you because we eat out a lot already. There isn't anything he wants that he won't just go get himself, and if he hasn't already gotten it, its because he doesn't want to spend the money. I tried to tell him to go to bed one night and get a good night's sleep, but he wouldn't have it. I have had one idea, but I can't share it on the blog just yet just in case he reads this post at some point. I just hope it shows the magnitude of my love and gratitude for his selfless sacrifice right now.
I am one very loved and cherished wife who is equally in love with my husband. I thank God for bringing us together and for blessing us with our precious little baby girl. We have the most perfect family ever.






3 Thoughts:
Aw, how sweet! That's so awesome of him to help you like that; I can imagine how grateful you are. Maybe a nice long letter telling him how much you appreciate him would be good? I know my hubby appreciates "random" (meaning not for a specific holiday!) cards. :)
Awwwww what a sweet hubby. I think he already knows you love him and that is why he is doing the things he does. I am also sure that if you just try to be the best wife and mother you know how to be, then he will know that you love him. I'm so proud of you two. You are great parents! I miss you tons and tons.
Wonderful husbands are chosen by wonderful women!
Post a Comment