It also occurred to me today that I am less than 9 weeks away from this baby being born (because they will schedule my c-section a week before she is due), and I am not sure how the maternity leave process works. I plan on working right up until the baby is born so that I can take my full 8 weeks leave to be with her and not waste any of it waiting for her. I informed my HR rep of my decision and asked what I would need to do. It turns out, if I have to leave work early on doctor's orders (like for bed rest) I will get paid the entire time and it won't count against my 8 weeks of maternity leave. Likewise, if I am unable to return to work at the end of the 8 weeks, I will get paid until I am allowed to return. Have I mentioned yet how much I love my job?! I also found out we get Christmas bonuses, and that mine hit my bank account yesterday. I couldn't believe how much it was. Now I can afford to buy Hubs what I wanted to for Christmas!
The pregnancy has been totally different since the 3D ultrasound last week. I can now envision my little baby tucked soundly inside my tummy. I even have a clear mental picture of her face, which is so incredible. Up until the scan when people asked me if I was ready for her to come out, my response was always, "I am enjoying my pregnancy and don't wish a moment of it away." Now that I've seen my baby, I want her to be here only so I can hold her and start bonding with her, but not at all because I am miserable being pregnant, or wish she would just get out already.
I am also starting to get people asking me when I am "due to pop." I always flinch when people put it so eloquently. I guess I am big enough that people think I should be ready to give birth any day. At least they don't act surprised when I tell them I have less than 9 weeks. lol Either that, or as an outsider to the pregnancy, it seems as though I have been pregnant forever. Haven't I? I don't remember not being pregnant anymore, but you won't hear any complaints from me! I have loved every single second (except the reflux ones).
I have been having a lot of braxton hicks lately too. In fact, I've had three while I've been sitting here writing this post. I would call my doctor, but she is apparently out of town. I was actually supposed to have an appointment this morning, but they called and cancelled it yesterday while I was in their office doing my glucose test. I left work early this afternoon because I had three braxton hicks within 40 minutes, so I came home, put my feet up, and took a nap. I guess if they continue through tomorrow, I will call the doctor's office anyway.
In pooch news, Sadie has decided it is time to act out and stick it to the mom. I don't know what her deal is, but she has decided that the baby's room is a gigantic cave filled to the brim with chew toys just for her. The little stink actually goes in there, roots around, climbs up on things, and selects items from the room to chew on. I don't get why things in there are so much tastier than the toys in her toy box. Last night she rooted around in the closet, climbed up on a shelf, and pulled out a stuffed dog Christmas tree ornament that she tore up all over the house while I was in the shower. Sometimes it is a curse and a blessing that border collies are so smart. Lucky for her, I love her a lot. She has yet to be spanked by my hand, and I have a hard time working up the anger to get mad at her because I have been controlling my anger since I got pregnant to prevent it from hurting the baby. My next stop on the web tonight is Pets.mart to buy some new, interactive chew toys for her.






4 Thoughts:
Glad that glucose test is over. I can't imagine it was much fun.
I remember well the braxton-hicks. Had them all the time in the last couple of months of mine, especially when I was walking around.
Sorry about Sadie wreaking havoc. My cat is here next to me and I swear she's having dreams because she is growling at something but there's nothing here and her face is to the wall. Good idea about the toys though.
Getting closer! I'm getting excited too!
I just saw your 3D pictures and she looks so cute, Chelle!!! AWWWWWW....
I'm going to have my glucose screening in 3 weeks time. I'm trying to cut down on sugar now as well. Like you, I've enjoyed every single second too.. not saying that being pregnant is a piece of a cake, but to have this miracle has been the best X'mas gift ever!
I just saw your ticker. Wow, 64days to go. Where has all the time gone? I'm getting really excited for you....
((((hugs)))
I hope the braxton-hicks calm down for you. And I'm so happy for you that the yucky glucose test is done and out of the way. I can't beleive how crazy Sadie is being.
Ugh, braxton hicks. So sorry hun, those are the pits. But the next 9 weeks are going to FLY by...so even though I totally understand not being able to remember NOT being pregnant...enjoy it. Once it's over it will all seem like it was just a dream.
Post a Comment