Find other Adoption/Loss/Infertility bloggers who share your struggles by visiting the Stirrup Queen's ALI Blog Roll.

Sunday, December 7, 2008

Picture Post

I thought it was time for a bit of picture fun, so I thought I would post up a few showing what has been going on in our house over the past few weeks. First off, a Big Belly shot.

Here I am, 31 weeks pregnant! I can't believe I only have 8 weeks to go! Baby Bean is currently wiggling up a storm, and boy is she getting strong. Her movements have taken my breath away a couple of times this week because they are so strong. I literally watch my belly bounce from one side to the other. Sometimes she just downright tickles me, which is the weirdest thing. She is getting big and space for her is definitely at a commodity. It cracks me up when she stretches out and my belly goes from round to oblong. I have started to waddle a bit, and I definitely walk slower these days. It is getting hard to get up from sitting, and pulling myself out of the car is a sight to see. lol I am having a hard time sleeping lately, but less than half of the reason is due to the baby. I am just really, really grateful for parental massages!

Here is Sadie, getting ready to help mom clean out the baby's room. Or perhaps I should say getting ready to shred anything mom leaves out in the baby's room that could accidentally be within her reach. But look at that face! How can I get mad at such a sweet puppy!

This is where the nursery cleaning project began. No, this monstrous closet isn't the baby's it's mine. I had to make room in here for all of the things currently in Baby Bean's room. Our house has next to zero storage, so it is a good thing I am really good at making things fit. I pride myself on my excellent packing skills.

This is the nursery about two weeks ago. I know it doesn't look like a whole heck of a lot right here, but this is about half of what needed to find a new home on my closet. This stuff was just what was lurking under the bed. I had that much again, if not more, in the closet. Yes, it was a very daunting task. However, once I got started, I loved it because I was cleaning out the room for my daughter.

Here is my closet post-nursery cleaning. As you can see, almost every single viewable space has been used to capacity. The shelves on the upper right are actually bowing, but Hubs assures me they were doing that before he packed them up with boxes for me.

Ahhhh! Done with the cleaning at last! I got the nursery to this point by about 5:00 last night. Keep in mind, it was a three-weekend project getting it here. I took a wee break, and then began taping out the walls in preparation for the lilac stripes I want to paint. I had to quit after I had taped out three stripes because they aren't going perfectly straight up and down the walls, so I opted to let Hubs help me with his perfectionist ways. I went and bought the paint for the room at 9:00 last night.

These boxes showed up from my sister on Thursday. They are packed FULL of baby gear. I haven't gone through them all yet because I am waiting until the nursery is painted so that I can move them up there, spread them out, and go through everything. The tall skinny box on the left is an heirloom crib that has been passed down from my mother's side of the family for generations. Its is a bassinet that looks like a miniature crib that my grandmother, mother, my siblings and I, and my sister's babies slept in. Now my little baby girl will sleep in it. I am pretty sure that with everything my sister sent, we won't need very much more. The only large item we have outstanding at this point is the swing.

Perhaps this picture doesn't do it justice, but this is one of the boxes my sister sent. They are seriously FULL of baby gear. Thanks Beanie!!! Believe me, I won't be upset you sent me so much. It will save us hundreds of dollars!

My pooches think they are pooped from all of the work I have been doing lately. I just love my snuggy little girls.

6 Thoughts:

PJ said... [Reply to comment]

Well your belly is just adorable!

What a fantastic sister! Wow!

We have a room we need to GUT if we get pregnant. Seriously, it's the only spare room in our house, and I completely hear you about the storage. The closet sizes of 40's homes do NOT meet today's needs!

Yellow with purple stripes, sounds very cute! How exciting!

Just Me. said... [Reply to comment]

You're looking great and your furry babies are way too cute! Wow, 31 weeks has just gone by like that! I'm getting excited for ya!

I'm going for my glucose test in 2 weeks time..Getting a bit scared here now..am trying trying to cut down on sweet stuff...the key word here is TRYING.

Potters said... [Reply to comment]

You carry so high. It's so fun. I'm so proud of you for doing all that hard work on your house. I'm sure you feel a lot better now having all that done and out of the way.

Mel said... [Reply to comment]

You look great! SO CUTE!!
Congrats on getting that nursery all cleared out, I am still avoiding the closet part, UGH. Such a beating!!
Your dogs look SO ADORABLE!!!!
*hugs*

KE II said... [Reply to comment]

My goodness, hasn't your nesting kicked in big time, can't believe all the work you've done!! You and the bump look great. I had GD when I was pregnant too, was a blessing in disguise as I was eating WAY too many sweet things prior to diagnosis!
((HUGS))

Cowboys and Custard said... [Reply to comment]

There is nothing on earth like the feeling of one's baby swimming around in the belly.. I remember lying in the bath with my belly like an island in the water and watching my son's foot press through the side of my tummy... He was born with talipes in one foot but it was soon corrected and I do remember with fondness massaging his little foot...
It is so exciting to see baby bean grow with each visit to your blog Chelle.. Enjoy these last few weeks.. they are so precious..
Love to you
Michele xxx

 

Template by: Bright Sunshine Designs by Mary