Find other Adoption/Loss/Infertility bloggers who share your struggles by visiting the Stirrup Queen's ALI Blog Roll.

Thursday, October 16, 2008

Holy Deuce!

I don't really have a whole lot to blog about this week. The whole week seems to have uneventfully flown by. However, I got an email from a coworker yesterday, who also happens to be my neighbor (whose daughter also happens to be a coworker and next door neighbor), informing me that she was going to throw a baby shower for me at work. I was very touched, especially since yesterday was rather gloomy in my world. She asked where I was registered, and a short while after responding, my entire department (which is huge) and then some received an invitation to my shower via email. I guess I shouldn't have been surprised that women and men alike were invited to attend because of the way the company operates like a family, but I thought it would only be hens at the party. I thanked her from the bottom of my heart for putting the shower together and let her know that she had helped make my day.

Over the past few weeks my teammates have heard me being rather vociferous about the fact that my Sweetie has been dragging his feet about purchasing the crib for our impending bundle of joy. He doesn't see the need to rush out and buy a crib (even after we do our homework [which I've been doing for weeks]), even though I want the crib picked out so I can buy a glider to match and pick paint colors. I also don't want to wait until the last minute to buy it and get it put together, something he is perfectly okay with doing. Last night I narrowed my choices down to three and asked Sweetie to research them on Consumer Reports so we could make our choice.

Well, today I received quite the shock. But before I elaborate, I want to say that around noon it became apparent I was not going to make it through the day without taking a nap, so I went out to my car to take 15-30 minutes... an HOUR later I woke up and realized I had been unconscious in my car and now had a nice kink in my neck. I headed back into work, really fuzzy headed from trying to shake off my nap so quickly when one of my teammates came over and asked to speak with me about a manual I had recently updated for him. When he saw that I was prepping my lunch, he started to walk away, and I told him to come back, that just because I was making my lunch didn't mean I didn't have time to help him out, which I am so glad I did because it made me feel a little more worthy of the surprise about to be dropped in my lap.

P told me that he could not address the issues with the manual in front of everyone and asked to speak with me in private. I asked him a couple of times if he was serious and laughed at him, but he was adamant, so we stepped into an office. As soon as the door was closed, P said, "I know that your baby shower is coming up and I wanted to know if you had purchased a crib yet." I told him we had not, to which he replied, "I would advise you to register for it, but not buy it. Or let me know which crib you want to get." My head was still fuzzy from my nap, so I just kind of stared in amazement and said, "Cribs are expensive!" P said, "I know, but that is the company's way of doing things." I couldn't believe it! "Really?! You guys want to buy us a crib?!" "You just let us know which one you want and where to get it." I was gobsmacked! I informed him we were looking at cribs that were a few hundred dollars, and he assured me that they all knew that. I will still really out of it and am afraid that I was not able to show the level of gratitude I really felt and how shocked I really was. I knew this job move was a good move, but I never expected this! I feel positively spoiled. As soon as I got home tonight, I finished doing my crib homework, picked a crib, and registered for it. :)

Tomorrow we are going to get the rocker glider my mom gave us money for last week, and I can't wait. Now the crib is chosen, we'll have the rocker, we have two strollers, the pack-n-play, two diaper bags, and a few other baby things.

In pregnancy news, MY BELLY ITCHES!!!! Wow does it itch! It is so hard not to scratch it, but it just makes it itchier when I scratch it, but it is so hard not to scratch it! I had my monthly dr appointment today and it went well. My doctor told me my eye is twitching because I'm not resting enough. I wish I could rest enough, but I wake up a lot during the night with achy shoulders from sleeping on my side, or an achy back from sleeping half way on my back and half way on my side, or a sore tummy from sleeping on my back. I also scheduled our 3D ultrasound for the end of November today. I totally can't wait for that. I will finally get to just see my baby wiggle and move instead of trying to make out what we're looking at while the tech takes measurements. It will be an ultrasound purely for pleasure.

Well, I am sporting a fantastic headache thanks to my neck kink, so I am going to go to bed. I hope to catch up with everyone this weekend during my resting period. ;) Have a good weekend!

6 Thoughts:

Steph said... [Reply to comment]

Hey there - exciting news about the crib. That was a funny way of doing it, I would have been a little worried about the manual walking away with him to the office to chat. LOL! What a wonderful surprise. I spoke with your mom yesterday. I asked her if I could bring Ali, I hope you don't mind. She really wants to see you and you know how baby crazy she is. Also, I want to help your mom said no help needed but if you think of something I can do please let me know. Happy to do whatever! Love Ya! and I am excited to see you in a few weeks.

Potters said... [Reply to comment]

That is so awesome of your coworkers to come together and get something that great for you. I am happy that you have found a great place to work at. Remember not to scratch your belly. :)

Two Hands said... [Reply to comment]

I had an itchy belly too. Vitamin E cream or really any moisturizer helped A LOT.
I'm so glad that you have so many supportive people in your life. It sounds like they are a real blessing.

Mel said... [Reply to comment]

That is so awesome about your work!!! Good thing they told you. :) Working for a good and thoughtful company like that is really priceless. You just don't find that often.
I have eye twitches, too! Someone told me to eat bananas and it seems to help.

Chelle said... [Reply to comment]

I'm Chelle! No-Your Chelle! Haha! I was posting a comment and thought I already had until I saw your picture!

My compliments on the way you spell your name!

Melissa said... [Reply to comment]

Just wait until you get the onslaught of boxes from me. hehehehehe You will be set for the rest of your life. ;)

Love you!

 

Template by: Bright Sunshine Designs by Mary