Not that it hasn't been the past few months, but if I compare this year to one year ago at this same time, the difference is night and day. 2007 was a rough year for us. We were living in a city we really disliked. I was working in a job I loathed. I had just ended a 21 year friendship. We were undergoing infertility treatments. Our marriage was being tested daily due to our circumstances. We were just in a major rut, and thinking every day that things had to get better. Knowing that we deserved better, and the sun had to be just around the corner. Then on January 2, 2008, I made the move that was going to change our lives for the better: I put out my resume. The good Lord knows that was a tough decision for me. I cried when I posted it, and I was shaking with nerves. Why? Because I put my resume out to move to Texas; to move away from the only home I had ever known; to move away from the comfortable and to the unknown. A few of my longest blog friends may remember that, as you all encouraged me in my decision and helped give me the strength to keep my resume out there. I will always remember the support I received from my blog friends in that fearful moment of my life.
But today, my life is nearly perfect, and gosh dammit, I earned it!
I am married to the most wonderful man ever who is seriously hot, loves me like crazy, and tolerates me being me.
After almost 2 years of infertility treatments and moderate surgery that left me wondering what the hell I had done to myself for months afterward, I am finally pregnant. The baby wiggles like crazy, and my sweetie got to feel her move for the first time yesterday. I saw her kick my tummy out for the first time tonight. I LOVE it!
Yes, my sweetie took this picture, and he took my saying "Please take a picture of my belly" very literally. He also added in a couple other bits he really enjoys. lol
I have two of the best dogs EVER. First we got Mags, whom my BFF, who took care my pooches last week, said she couldn't believe was so well trained, well-behaved, and extremely smart (I believe her words were, "If I ever got a dog, I would want it to be a Maggie." Not the first time I have heard that about my baby girl!)
Then we got Sades, who has absolutely chosen dad as her person. The bond between them grows every day and makes me laugh, since my sweetie is not a dog person. He sure does love her though! Her personality is adorable and extremely persistent.
I finally work in a job I LOVE.

We live in a house that when we bought it I swore the previous home owners were laughing at us the day we closed the deal, but after all of our hard work, I am really starting to fall in love with this place. The light that permeates through the 9-foot-long, 6-foot-high windows is so rejuvenating and refreshing. The house is just beautiful. We still have a long way to go with it, but it is definitely "home." And I love the fact that it has so much potential still.
I come from a very loving, very close, and supportive family. I am a daddy's girl through-and-through and get my open-mindedness from my pappy. My mom is incredible and so giving and loving despite having four bratty, unappreciative children ;p. My older brother is amazingly smart and is full of so much love for each of his family members. My sister continually amazes me with her strength, perseverance, and talent. And my little brother is compassionate, fun-loving, and my evil twin pea in a pod (even though we are separated by years).
And last, but certainly not least, I have so many amazing friends both in real life and in blogland. I have made more real life friends in the past 3 months here in Texas than I have had for a long time. I have had three different people offer to throw me a baby shower here, and believe me, I am touched. We actually go out with friends, and I have friends offer to help with anything I need (including dog-sitting). I have amazing friends back home whom I still keep in touch with and miss on a daily basis. I have some seriously wonderful blog friends, who are constantly offering up words of encouragement and love.
All of these things make my life so fulfilling. I feel like all of my perseverance in 2007 paid off big time for 2008. I hung in there, and I made it through to the rewards. I knew when things were tough that they would get better one day, and that it would all be worth it, and I was so right. Right now, life is just good!






8 Thoughts:
I'm in the exact same position. A year ago today, I was in stims for my frist IVF cycle - and was totally freaking out. A year later - I'm laying in bed with my very awesome DH, watching the 'waves' across my belly as the baby kicks. We've been through a bunch of changes this year too - the best being my DH's new job - that he was super nervous to get - and now is SO much happier.
Life is good. And I really mean it!
I've seen you go through your struggles and trials and it's so good to see you finally happy. It is hard to get to that place now days. Keep up the good vibes. It's hard to understand but you will be that much more happy when you get to hold this bundle of joy in your arms. The happiness of being a mom. :)
This is a great post. Life is SO good. Love the house, the dogs and the vaca photos!!! One of my best friends got married in the Caymans and her wedding photos are to die for. Gorgeous much!!!
You look so darn cute with your belly, by the way. Do you just wake up somedays and pinch yourself?
*hugs*
Ah, what a great post. I sense contentment, genuine contentment and I am so glad for you. Congratulations! For the many wonderful things in your life and especially for recognizing them, so many people these days don't, myself included.
You give me hope. I'm so happy for you and your hubby. You're right, you did earn it!
Looks like everything is going just great for you- your house is BEAUTIFUL! Good luck... you look great!
What a fantastic post Michelle and how much life has improved in such a short space of time - yay!
I'll try and catch up with you early next week, work's been so super busy so I haven't had much chance to chat and I'm missing it.
With love, Liz
I'm so glad. :)
Post a Comment