Needless to say, I had an appointment immediately booked for this afternoon, and after working for about another hour, I headed home to get some rest. I got home just a bit ago from the doctor, as I was told not to return to work today, but to go home and take it easy for the rest of the evening, which I didn't mind one bit as I still feel a little "off." The diagnosis: a big question mark. Everything tested in the doctor's office came back normal, so they took some blood to test my iron levels, and we will have to results back on Thursday.
The good news is the baby started going crazy as soon as the episode passed and has been extremely active since then. She even kicked the fetal doppler in the doctor's office, which made my doctor laugh. I told her the baby kicks my doppler every night when I check in to make sure she is doing okay before I go to sleep. She never responds to me pushing on her, but she always kicks the doppler the second I place it on my belly. Even right now she is busy doing her baby aerobics.
Hopefully they will be able to figure out what caused this morning's episode, or if they cannot, hopefully it will be a one time experience.
I do want to share my favorite comment from today. I realized last night that I forgot my badge at work and would have to get in via reception this morning. When I got to work, I asked to be buzzed in, but first the receptionist wanted to talk about my pregnancy. She told me, "You know, if I didn't see your belly, I wouldn't even know you are pregnant. You don't look like you've gained a pound, and from the back you can't even tell." Awww! That is the second time I've been told that in a week! That makes my thunder thighs feel much better about themselves. lol






5 Thoughts:
I'm glad you were able to get in and see your dr. Take it easy tonight. Also, glad to hear that your little one is nice and active!
What thunder thighs? It's not nice to talk about my thighs that way. I am so happy that she is active, that was my absolute favorite part about being pregnant.
Sounds like it could be a drop in blood pressure. You didn't go from sitting to standing in a hurry or anything?
I'm glad you went to see your doctor though if nothing more than to ease your mind.
Isn't the movement amazing? I used to watch "belly telly", pulling up my shirt to see the big rolls (I mean my baby rolling over LOL). So neat.
xoxo
Are you feeling better today????
((((hugs))))
ps I am beginning to develop thunder thighs too and I just had a Magnum ice-cream..hehe.
Post a Comment