We did, however, have a wonderful weekend of shopping. I finally have baby gear! Friday night we took my mom out to eat, and then her and I hit couple of stores. I bought a light weight stroller at Wal.mart along with a giant box of diapers and some baby wipes. My mom bought a little outfit and the cutest little pink, fuzzy blanket with flowers embroidered into it. Next we went to Tar.get and I bought a large and small diaper bag along with a few little baby clothes. It had been a long day for both of us already, and our feet hurt, so we went home to eat some popcorn and watch a movie.
The next morning we headed out around noon. First up was BRU. I got all registered as well as picked up the large stroller I had researched, a baby book, and picked out a crib. After a bite of lunch and very unsuccessful trip to Se.ars (which is apparently the new K.mart), we went back to Tar.get to register and buy the pack-n-play and a bunch of other baby necessities. My mom bought some cute little baby things here and there like clothes and socks, but the big thing was the rocker. We looked a few places for a decent, but inexpensive glider rocker as the big present from my parents, and finally decided on one from BRU. I wish I could say that we bought it, but I am waiting on my sweetie to go look at the crib I want and give it his blessing so I know which color rocker to get.
My favorite part of shopping was realizing that this little moving bean inside of me is going to come out one day and use everything we bought this weekend. Actually buying things for her brought home the fact that in a few short months I will have a beautiful baby girl. It made it all so much more real. Not that she isn't real in my belly, but the realization that there will be another person in this house really hit home. She's no longer an idea or a dream, she is a reality, complete with nursery in the works and baby gear galore beginning to accumulate.
As soon as I get everything unloaded from the shopping bags, I will take some pictures of all the loot we picked up this weekend. Hopefully this weekend I will be able to add the crib and glider to the ensemble. :)






5 Thoughts:
What a freaking fabulous and exciting weekend, I am dying to see what you got!!!!! =)
Aren't mothers the best?
*hugs*
It sounds like you had so much fun shopping with your mom. It is crazy how having all the stuff ready at home makes it seem more real. I can't wait to start reading postings on the baby and how she is growing.
So glad things are going so well for you! Isn't that first shopping trip exciting!?
PS You're baby bump pic is SOOO cute!!!
How exciting, sounds like you guys had such a great weekend, bet your Mom is feeling down too, won't be long until she's back again i'm sure. Can't wait to see your pics.
((HUGS))
It's always so hard for me to leave my Mom too. :( I've been missing family a LOT lately.
Post a Comment