Her heart rate was a perfect 180, and she measured 1" from head to rump. Doctor L humored me by allowing me to watch my baby kick her legs a couple more times before she ended the ultrasound. She printed off a picture of my little one, and she looks exactly like a little gummy bear.
I loved today's appointment because it helped put my mind at ease. I have felt like my pregnancy has been a little too easy, and so I sometimes worry that my little bean isn't growing. I am not sure if my pregnancy is easy because I am just so happy about being pregnant that I don't notice all of the symptoms, or if I really do have it that easy. I actually sat down this past weekend and made a list of all of the symptoms I've been experiencing just to make sure I was having some... the list was pretty long. My doctor told me to count my blessings and that I am one of the fortunate few who has an easy first trimester, and that my little bean is growing the way she should. The ultrasound helped confirm the fact.
I think Doctor L also enjoyed the fact that this was the first appointment I have had where I actually showed some serious outward joy. Perhaps it is because of the years of infertility treatments, but I have learned to keep my excitement inside, only showing it to a few people such as my husband and family members. Everyone asks if I squealed when I found out I was pregnant, I didn't. I kept my excitement inside, reserving emotion for behind closed doors. So for me to get so excited today was a real treat for my doctor. She even made a comment about how she was happy that something finally made me smile so much. Show me my baby kicking and I will absolutely smile!
My coworkers are in for a treat tomorrow because I intend to take my gummi bear picture into work and gleefully show it off. It will be a level of excitement that none of them have ever seen from me because I am usually pretty reserved. I guess something about finally being able to get pregnant and seeing my baby with my own eyes has finally opened my heart to excitement again.






7 Thoughts:
I wanna see, too!
Love, MOM
WE want to see! Scan that picture!!!!
That is so exciting. Everytime I get an u/s - my LO is just hanging out - not wiggling around like crazy. The last one, all of a sudden she/he woke up - and was kicking all around - putting feet over the head.... waving at us - TOO CUTE!
: )
How great!! I am so glad everything went so well AND you got to see your baby. That's just the best, isn't it?
I get to see mine again Friday.... hurry up Friday!!
*hugs*
Very exciting! I am happy just cause you are happy. I think it is a girl too...guess we will see huh.
Hope all is well...miss you!
Seeing the baby move for the first time is AMAZING!! Congrats sweetie. =)
What lovely news. Can't wait to see the pic (if you don't mind of course!)
I'm always telling my husband not to "count our chickens" reserving happiness for things we know are happening. Seeing your little one growing well and happy is definitely something to celebrate. Congrats!
I'm so glad your first trimester is going smoothly with little sickness. With everything you've already been through, it's a blessing that you're able to enjoy the pregnancy through these first several months!
Post a Comment