Find other Adoption/Loss/Infertility bloggers who share your struggles by visiting the Stirrup Queen's ALI Blog Roll.

Friday, July 4, 2008

Exhaustion

I guess I should start out by wishing everyone a happy Independence Day. We celebrated the holiday by going to see a movie and hitting the grocery store. Yep, pretty lame, but pregnancy exhaustion has definitely set in. I slept 11 hours last night and got up twice to go potty, so the frequent "going" has also set in as well.

I told my supervisor at work a couple of weeks ago that the exhaustion was starting to set in, and that I didn't want to get fired for sleeping at work, so he went on a quest for a solution. The next day he pulled me into his office and said that he was okay with me going home to sleep for an hour or an hour and a half on the days that I absolutely could not make it otherwise, and that I could make up my time by staying later that day or coming in early the next morning. At the time I didn't think I would need to take him up on the offer very often, but I have had to take him up on it every single day this week.

My aversion to food is also outstanding this past week. EVERYTHING sounds disgusting, so if there is ever a point where anything sounds good, I have to eat it ASAP, or the desire to eat it will go away as quickly as it comes on. I have found that any manner of fresh fruit always sounds good to me, and especially if it has a hint of tartness. This past week I have eaten quite a few nectarines, craved pineapple, and just polished off a container of raspberries. Usually tart fruits in such large quantities would make me absolutely sick to my stomach, but I am finding it is the only thing that settles it these days. The one thing I can't hack even looking at: hamburger. Even the thought of hamburger makes me want to hurl. Most days I can't stomach the thought of meat in any form, but hamburger always turns me a shade of green.

I am not sure what changed in my head, but something has definitely changed over the last couple of days. I have decided that this baby is definitely going to be here in 7 months, and it is now okay to start thinking about names, nursery colors, and peeking at maternity clothes (I even bought some today!). I am genuinely excited to be pregnant. I no longer feel like I can't talk about it to people yet, and have started telling everyone at work. I walk around thinking, "I'm pregnant! I love it!" I have started to see our house as the place where this little bean is going to grow up. Today I was in the room that will be the nursery, which also happens to be my favorite room in the house because of the amazing light and sense of calm in the room, and allowed myself to think, "This is the nursery!" I have decided I will decorate it in "Classic Pooh." Mostly because I was a big Winnie fan growing up, and so have tons of Pooh items such as stuffed animals, pictures, etc. Once we find out what sex the baby is, I will paint light blue or light purple stripes on the walls to compliment the Classic Pooh theme. My eyes begin to well up a bit when I think about the fact that I know at which hospital my little bean will be born.

I am relishing being pregnant, and so now I am off to finish eating my raspberries and maybe snack on a couple of fruit rollups and ice cream all in the name of Baby Bean. :)

4 Thoughts:

sarah said... [Reply to comment]

oh, yay, I'm so glad you've moved past the initial fear and are accepting this pregnancy and all the fun things that come along with it!!

And I'll tell you a little secret; my (future) bean's room (cross fingers) is going to be fairy themed with green walls if it's a girl and uh, I was just informed that the boys room has to be hockey/baseball themed. HA!

Two Hands said... [Reply to comment]

Lovely, absolutely lovely. Glad to hear you're enjoying it all, but if you think this is fun, wait until after the baby is here!

La La said... [Reply to comment]

That sounds A LOT like how the beginning of my pregnancy was. The only thing I could eat was fruit, and I ate TONS of it. I didn't think it was ever going to pass...but just the past week or two (about 18 weeks) I can finally eat normally again. In fact, I'm pigging out! lol

So don't worry, it will pass eventually. =)

Pretty Practicals said... [Reply to comment]

Hi Chelle, hmmm, I have never needed an excuse or reason to eat icecream and raspberries. I think I may have eaten an entire field full of them this summer... and there's probably now a national shortage of strawberries thanks to my 'ooh I just can't resist just one more carton' greediness this year (but each and every one of them were simply gorgeous).
Chat soon, Liz

 

Template by: Bright Sunshine Designs by Mary