We finally received a real offer on our town home, and are now officially in escrow! That's right folks, we've had two house payments for a couple of months. We received two offers a couple of weeks ago, but both of them were ludicrous. The first offer was from a man looking to screw someone over, and he pretty much offered $20k BELOW our listing price. He wanted us to pay closing, give him down payment assistance, replace all of the carpeting and fixtures in the house, remove the hot tub, and made up some stupid thing about the counter in our kitchen being loose. We pretty much told him he could stick his offer where the sun don't shine. A day later we received another, almost completely similar offer from a young couple. The only exception was the complaint about a loose counter. We told them that we did not accept their offer either.
Hubs was starting to feel a little frustrated and like maybe he should just accept any offer just to not have to pay two mortgages. I told him just to hang on, and that the right offer would come along soon. A couple of days later we received another offer, and after a few days of going back and forth to slightly modify the offer in a way that will make the lender happy, the offer has been accepted! I just hope that we make it through escrow and to closing day. It would be so nice to not have Hubs stressing about the lack of money and to not have to worry about selling the place anymore.
Below are a few pictures I took of the town home in the last couple of days we were there. I realize the place is messy, as we were in the process of packing, but keep that in mind as you peruse our old digs.

I loved this kitchen and its wonderful maple cabinets. I would take this kitchen over the cheap POS that is my new kitchen any day of the week. *sigh*

This was our dining room. It is packed with all the stuff from my previous job and the last of my things from my parent's house.

This was Hubs' old office. I would like to say it is a mess because we were moving, but it pretty much always looked like that... from the day we moved in a year and a half before. *giggle*

This was my "purple" room, also known as Maggie's room, and my little brother's room. It made me sad to take the bed apart and leave this cosy room behind. It was my favorite in the house.

This was our room. I hated the blue paint, but Hubs wouldn't let me paint over it after we moved in because he said I picked that color. I might have bought the paint, but it was NOT the color I chose.

And of course this is the backyard that we spent weeks relandscaping last summer. I did have a hard time leaving all of that hard work behind, especially all of the plants that I had grown and nourished until they were covered by snow in the winter.

This was my little veggie and herb garden. It was just a very soothing backyard when we were done with it.

Mags sat proudly in front of her favorite backyard box after the planting was finished.

Last, but not least, was our 300-gallon fish pond where all 22 of our fish froze to death over the cruel, biting winter months. You can see three goldfish in the middle of the picture toward the top. I loved those fish.
But now this house will belong to someone else who will make it their own. I am sure they will love it there as much as we did, and I love imagining the wife spending time planting her own things in the garden boxes. They are also moving in next to some of the best neighbors we ever had. I hope they love the house as much as we did, if not more.

2 Thoughts:
Hey, congratulations on selling your house! Your backyard is really pretty -- I can see why it would be hard to leave it.
YAY!
Post a Comment