Find other Adoption/Loss/Infertility bloggers who share your struggles by visiting the Stirrup Queen's ALI Blog Roll.

Sunday, June 22, 2008

Fabulous 100!

This is my 100th post, so I thought I would do something a little special. Since we recently found out that I am pregnant and due to the slumping economy, all of our house projects have been put on hold for a while. Luckily we got all of the biggest and most important things done.

We did discover this month that a 2300 square foot home also comes with large utility bills. Our electric bill for last month by itself was almost $400. Yeah, we about died. This weekend we went to the home improvement store and bought all new compact fluorescent, energy saving bulbs as well as heat blocking window tinting for the windows on the front of the house. The only projects we'll be forking money over to work on in the next few months will be to help lower our energy bills, such as putting in spray-in insulation in our attic.

I have put together a fun little slide show highlighting the before, during, and after pictures of our house. I hope you all enjoy seeing this as much as I enjoyed making it. :)

8 Thoughts:

Two Hands said... [Reply to comment]

It's awesome that we can care about people we've never met. I'm so grateful for it. I read somewhere that success wasn't measured in how many people love you but how many you love (and I think that included puppies that drive you bananas!).

Two Hands said... [Reply to comment]

PS I know about electric bills too. Sometimes they are downright PAINFUL. House looks great though. Congrats!
PS2 Good song.

Cowboys and Custard said... [Reply to comment]

Dear dear Michelle.. I have just caught up with all your news and gasped when I read that a baby is on the way... I really want to write to you and say everything in an email but I have lost your address..
Would you mind sending to me again..
That is the best news I have heard for a very long time and I am just so sorry I have been away and missed all that has gone on in your life recently!
With much love and big big hugs
Michelexx

Barb said... [Reply to comment]

Beautiful!

And yes.. the economy. GACK. And that electric bill.. oh my God!

Tinted windows is a very good idea... perhaps we'll venture into that. We're always on the lookout for energy savings.

La La said... [Reply to comment]

Is it wrong that I fea buying a house for exactly that reason? lol I am terrified of getting utility bills like that, I don't know what I would do. =)

Very cute slideshow!

Mel said... [Reply to comment]

The house looks great!
Did you guys do the wood floor yourself?
You guys did a wonderful job, you should be so proud of yourselves!

louise said... [Reply to comment]

Happy 100th post Michelle! How great to get that house up and running just in time. I am sure you will be adding and changing things as time goes by. I do hope you managed to salvage those family heirlooms from those demon removal men, I very much doubt if they know a good piece of furniture when they see it? I look forward to seeing what the next 100 posts bring. x

Sweet Georgia said... [Reply to comment]

Your home is beautiful, lots of love and care has gone into it! Congrats on the 100th post and also to getting past the first week home with the pup. We've got a Chocolate Lab (4 and a half) and a Wheaten (1 and a half) and know exactly what you're talking about.

BTW - I love the song. Back in my younger days my group of friends would go to a pub where a band would sing that song and the entire crowd would be sitting on the floor. Thanks for bringing back a great memory!

 

Template by: Bright Sunshine Designs by Mary