Find other Adoption/Loss/Infertility bloggers who share your struggles by visiting the Stirrup Queen's ALI Blog Roll.

Saturday, March 12, 2011

My Dog Is Fat

My Dog is Fat

This past week I took my dogs in for their bi-annual wellness checkup. I have always called Sadie "my bulky baby" because she is a big-boned, thick-skinned border collie. Another of her nicknames is "The Tank." I picked the pooches up from their day-long stay at the vet after work, and when I got home, I went over their examination paperwork. Under the weight section for Sadie, they had checked the box next to "Overweight." I laughed and then teased my chunky pup because honestly, I don't think she is really that plump. Maybe a bit, but every dog I have ever owned always bulks up during the winter. Even Maggie has gained 6 lbs since her last checkup in August, but she was labeled as "Normal" in weight.

All of this got me to thinking about the fact that I, myself have packed on a few pounds since August. I thought it was because of all the stress of trying to have a baby, coupled with the synthetic hormones. In reality, it probably is. But hearing that my "Tank" has also packed on for the winter made me feel a bit better about my own blossoming bottom.

I will say, however, that my weight is coming off slowly as I get more active and cut out the crap, per Dr. Acupuncture's orders, as well as my new regime courtesy of the Making Babies book.


Fine, I'll Stay

I thought you would all like a little update about the work situation that had my panties in a bunch last week. After much deliberation, angst, and heartache, I decided it was time to move on. What had happened really wasn't that bad, but it was rather insulting and I was really butt hurt about the fact that I didn't feel enough credit had been given where it was due. I talked to the responsible parties, as I said in my last post, but felt that things were unchanged. So I made my mind up to make a change.

Then Monday morning there was a meeting and I felt sick to my stomach as I realized what leaving the company would mean to those I left behind. I just couldn't do it. I didn't want to do it. So I talked to someone else, which turned out to be a very good thing. They smoothed things over, helped repair my hurt ego, and put me back on the right track. I'm still not 100% happy about things, but at least I feel like my voice was heard, my concerns were taken into account, and things have the potential to be changed and fixed.


Leaping Faithful Lizards!

Are you ready for this one? I went to see my RE on Tuesday morning for my usual lining and follicle check. I didn't have any expectations one way or the other, because I have honestly handed all of this over to God. What is, is. Dr. D walked into the room, sat down, and said, "What questions do you have for me today?" I told him none, and then informed him I had decided to do a non-medicated cycle. I let him know that I was done stressing out about things, and that I was going to let it all happen when it is supposed to, and I am done trying to control it. He said he was glad to hear it and that it was about time.

Then began the examination. Lining was a tad behind where it needed to be, but neither of us were worried. I still had plenty of time, and we would do another check on Thursday to determine if anything needed to be done. I had two lovely follicles, one on each side, both measuring on target and within a mm of each other. Cool. I walked out of there not caring one way or the other. It was so AWESOME!

I went back in on Thursday and... my lining was 8.4mm. Perfect! My two follicles were 15+mm and 16+mm, all on their own. No estrogen, no progesterone, just God, acupuncture, chiropractic, vitamins, herbs, and diet... oh yeah, and NO stress. I think I am set for day 17 ovulation, just based on the growth between Tuesday and Thursday.

But the best part?
For once, TTC isn't a chore for my husband or me. We have been having fun this month. It is so much better when you take the stress and worry out of it. Everything is better. I laugh more. I care less. I live more. I have mental time for more important things. So who cares if I get pregnant? I am enjoying the ride!

9 Thoughts:

mckala7 said... [Reply to comment]

HOORAY! HOORAY! HOORAY! HOORAY! HOORAY! HOORAY! HOORAY! HOORAY! HOORAY! HOORAY! HOORAY! HOORAY! HOORAY! HOORAY! HOORAY! HOORAY! You're not leaving me... you are too skinny and needed to gain some weight.... so shush it. Sucks about ur dog being overweight.

twondra said... [Reply to comment]

Awww, you sound so happy! I'm so thrilled! You deserve this soooo much. Love the fat dog thing! Toooooo funny! Glad you feel better about your job!

Alex said... [Reply to comment]

What a wonderful post! You sound so happy and calm!!! Love this!!! You are such an inspiration to all of us!!!

Barb said... [Reply to comment]

Glad you feel better. :)

M.A said... [Reply to comment]

Awesome Chelle! Doesn't it feel great to just let it all go and not stress over things we can't control? My mom and I had breakfast after church today and she made a comment that I was "lighter" about losing the baby and I do... I feel fine... I gave it all up to God.

I am so happy for you sister!

Potters said... [Reply to comment]

Yay for acupuncture! I'm so glad that it is helping you so much. I love that your dog is "fat". That means that there is more dog to cuddle. It's about time that TTC isn't a chore for you guys any more.

AL said... [Reply to comment]

hooray for accupuncture, diet changes, and no stress!!!

Kathleen said... [Reply to comment]

my butt is a bit saggier than i'd like it to be. oh winter, you've done it to me again. hoping to drop that winter weight soon. and yes, diet choices sure do help too!... glad there's some resolution to your job!... and yeah for TTC not being a chore. that's fantastic. i hope that you continue to laugh more and care less :-)

Suzanne said... [Reply to comment]

I'm glad to hear that TTC is not a chore anymore :) It sounds like the acupuncture, herbs, vitamins, and diet are making a huge difference for you. I'm glad that you're feeling better :)

 

Template by: Bright Sunshine Designs by Mary