The reason I bring this up is because this past week I scheduled another business trip out to the coast. Last time I went out there in November, I hung out with a couple of folks from the office, as well as a couple from one of our vendors. Every night after work we went out to dinner, and one night we went to Pier 39 in San Francisco. It was like my single days all over again where I didn't have to worry about getting home in time for anything. It was carefree and full of a bunch of adults acting goofy. We were on the hunt for a squeaky rubber seagull, and searched every shop along the wharf in the rain. Alas, we didn't find one, but we did find we all had a great time.
While I had a good time and enjoyed myself, I was also very torn because I missed my baby girl sooooo much. I talked about her all of the time. I bought her souvenirs from my trip (a tradition I am carrying forward from my dad). I called or skyped every day I was away. I couldn't wait to get back home. Of course, when I did get home, late on a Wednesday night, Hubs had kept her up to tell me goodnight. I pulled into the driveway and they came out to tell me hello... well, Hubs did. Baby Bean ran to her tree swing and demanded, "Swing!"
"Yeah, I missed you too kid."
This time my trip will be one day longer. It kills me to be away from my baby girl. I know it will be easier this time, but I still don't want to be away from her. This trip had to be longer because there is so much ground to cover, and honestly, I don't think we will cover it all in the time I am there.
Part of me is excited to go out and have fun with my coworkers again, especially because one of the gals from my office will most likely be going with me this time and she is so much fun to be around. But the other part of me is dreading the trip. Four days away from my family. *Sigh*
Awww the things we do to keep our babies in diapers and toys and food on the table. I will just have to make sure I get her something really cool from my trip again.






9 Thoughts:
You should get me something cool too!
completely understood.
Breaks are nice, but I agree, hard to be away from the babies! Thursday Emery and Chase are spending the night with my MIL because I have to be at the surgery center by six. It's the first time I've been away from her overnight and I dread it! If I'm going to have to be away, I'd like it to be for something fun!!! Have a great trip!
Oh this has to be so hard leaving your little girl! But also a very healthy thing to leave and focus on the other part of your life...
I can only imagine how hard it is to leave your baby (and hubby). I might have to take a trip in August and I'm dreading it because I don't want to leave my baby!!
I hope you enjoy your trip and it goes by fast so you can come home to your baby!!
I haven't spent a night away from my little JBB just yet but I do imagine that it is a very 50/50 feeling - lovely to get out there and have some fun but hard because you are away from the loves of your life. It is tough this motherhood caper but as you say, wonderfully tough!!
Oohh yes, souvenirs are good for you! And yes motherhood is a hard rewarding venture.
I totally understand this. Luckily I've never needed to travel for work but I've been on a few overnight mini-breaks and those were hard enough. I think it is great you are bringing her souvenirs!! Have a saffe trip :)
I'm sure that Baby Bean will love her souvenirs :) When I went with my girlfriend, Karen, to Weeki Wachee, Florida I had an absolutely wonderful time, but oh how I missed my DH!
Will you be going to San Francisco again? I went there once and loved it! I would love to go back.
Post a Comment