Find other Adoption/Loss/Infertility bloggers who share your struggles by visiting the Stirrup Queen's ALI Blog Roll.

Thursday, March 17, 2011

????... ????

Wednesday afternoon I went in to see Dr. Acupuncture. He had taken Monday and Tuesday off, so I had gone almost 5 days in between appointments. The second he laid eyes on me, he knew I was not doing well emotionally. I could see the way my pallor affected him. He was concerned. The man obviously has a strong sense of empathy. We did a lot of electrostimulation during that session. One would think with the way my right leg was ready to twitch off the table that I wouldn't be able to fall asleep, but I did, and only a few minutes into the hour-long session. At the end, he taped three tiny beads into three acupuncture points in each ear and told me to leave them on as long as I could. He explained that one of them had to do with my overall sense of well being and should help combat my blues. The next day I felt back to my old self, as if the previous few days had not happened.

As for my cycle, I have no idea where I am. No idea if I'm coming or if I've gone. I've done OPKs this cycle because I was getting worried that my monitor kept showing a decline in my readings, which is a sign of pending ovulation, but then it never spiked. I never got a positive OPK. I did get a spike on my monitor last night, so I figured I had finally ovulated. But when I performed my reading tonight, it had dropped further than the reading before it spiked. If I had ovulated, it would have stayed high. So I took an OPK. It's negative, and I'm pretty sure the test line does not indicate a pending surge. So I have no idea. Oh well. Who cares? I'm done with this cycle.

I keep telling myself I have to give this up. Most days, I do. But every now and then, I panic out of the blue. That is when you end up with posts like the one I sent to the trash today. The one from a couple days ago when I was in panic mode. I am often so careful about posting in moments where I feel so lost because that is not who I am day in and day out, and I often wonder what they make people think about me. Do you think I am a crazy lady? A loose canon? Lost my marbles?

I was talking to my dad one night about how I often wonder what my blog readers think of me. My dad's response was, "What you think of me is none of my business." He has a good point.

All I know is that I blog because: 1) its cathartic; 2) it serves as a journal for me to help remind me of everything I've been through; 3) as I've said before, I know if I'm looking for certain information, someone else out there is too; 4) I love all of my blog friends--it is amazing how much I can care and feel for people I have never met in real life; 5) you all help me feel vindicated when I need it; 6) I love to think that something I say can help buoy you up in hard times, help you feel loved and cared for, and that your achievements are celebrated by more than just the people immediately around you.

If I happen to have a moment of temporary insanity and just need to write it out to get it out of my head and off my mind, then I will. But I also reserve the right to remove such posts when sanity returns.

Before I head off for tonight, I want to say thank you to each and every one of my readers. Knowing that you are all out there, hopefully cheering me on, helps me get through some of my roughest days. Your comments help me feel supported; they make me laugh; they make me cry; but most of all, they make me feel loved. So, in honor of you, I will be hosting a blog giveaway for my 500th post coming up. This current post is #496. Can you believe I have been at this for almost 3.5 years?! Not only that, but I had two blogs for a while, and I'm pretty sure the other one had about 200 posts before I quit using it. That's 700 posts!

Anyway, keep your eye out for an awesome blog giveaway. I promise it has got some real goodies in it!

With loads of love, hugs, and well wishes (especially for those of you getting ready to or in a cycle, and for those of you in TWWs),

12 Thoughts:

Heather said... [Reply to comment]

I write posts then delete them when I calm down. Your blog is for you to write what you like...who cares what your readers think! This particular reader loves you and supports you in even your most kooky moments!

Leah said... [Reply to comment]

This is your blog, and you have the right to write about whatever you want. You are human. . . you have ups and downs, and sometimes writing through the downtimes helps SO much. Hopefully your readers are compassionate people who really get it. I have a feeling they are. :)

I'm glad you are feeling better. When I was doing acupuncture, I had the points in my ear as well. Everytime I would start feeling anxious, I would rub those pressure points, and it really helped. :)

Carrie said... [Reply to comment]

I don't think you are crazy at all.

I'm glad you post about your bad days because it shows that IF isn't this easy thing and that you are struggling. I'm glad you have somewhere to vent and get things off your chest.

I may not always post a reply because I don't know what to say or don't have time, but I read all of your posts and keep up with what's going on.

I only wish we lived closer because you are one of the blogger's I'd love to hang out with!

AL said... [Reply to comment]

((hugs)) hope you are feeling better today.

I blog for all the same reasons, mostly it's to help me make sense of what's going on in my head and its so awesome to get the virtual hugs and caring from blog friends that understand.

Alex said... [Reply to comment]

Your acupuncture appointment sounds amazing! I'm so happy you're doing this now! I find what your dad said very interesting. And you know what? He's right! You don't need to worry about what we think of you - you just need to worry about what you think of yourself. I know, it's hard - I struggle with it too.

For the record, I don't think you're crazy or a loose cannon or anything. You're a wonderful and beautiful woman going through something incredibly hard. Of course you go back and forth between what you want to do. It's only natural!!!

Keep blogging, my dear. I love reading your posts, and love having you in my life!

Barb said... [Reply to comment]

XOXO

Kathleen said... [Reply to comment]

i LOVE ear seeds! they rock my world. i especially like to get them when i go home to see my family for a visit. they hep me stay calm :-) ... so why do you have to give this up? ...

so i struggle with your comment about posting in moments of panic.... i fact, i'm struggling with that right now. i'll hopefully get my post up this weekend, but i feel like the purpose of my blog is to really be able to be free and show people what these panicky moments are about. they are fleetings, or last only a day or so, but i agree, i blog because its cathartic!!! its so funny that we are thinking the same things.

Anonymous said... [Reply to comment]

I love your blog, don't change a thing... ever! I think your voice shines through in each post and you can get a real sense of how passionate and amazing you are.

Life Happens said... [Reply to comment]

We all think you are wonderful! Many of us can relate to the things you write about. We've all had emotional moments where we start to blog, then end up deleting the posts after we go back and reread them!

Thanks for the comments on my blog. You did send me the happiest baby book. I'm in the middle of reading it and we have been swaddling baby Matthew at bedtime. He's been a good baby so far. :)

twondra said... [Reply to comment]

I hope you're doing better today! I love acu...makes me feel so much better. :)

Blogging is awesome, it's great for the soul and I'm so glad you blog...that's how we met. :)

Thinking of you bunches today. Love you girl!!

Mazzy said... [Reply to comment]

Roller coaster emotions and IF go hand in hand. It's an EVERYDAY struggle and I think you wake up in the morning just not knowing what you'll get from yourself that day.

Don't ever be hard on yourself for your feelings. I'm praying for you.


xoxo

Suzanne said... [Reply to comment]

I've had those acupuncture beads in my ears before. They are very helpful at keeping you calm especially if you press on them during moments of stress. Your dad is right - your blog is for you. Don't worry about what people might think. And just for the record, I think you are a strong brave beautiful woman who I am proud to consider a friend :)

 

Template by: Bright Sunshine Designs by Mary