Find other Adoption/Loss/Infertility bloggers who share your struggles by visiting the Stirrup Queen's ALI Blog Roll.

Saturday, November 6, 2010

Try, Try Again

Sometimes, because my blog is only semi-private and shows up in my FB status, I can't just come right out and write what is on my mind because I don't want that information to be on the forefront of my FB status. lol If people see I have posted and want to read what the post is all about they can click on the link and read on to their heart's content. Although it is sometimes bothersome to me to not be able to jump right into the meat of a post. Oh well, I suppose I will get over it.

I met with my doctor on Friday and I am so glad I did. I just had to know what was up with her not ordering a progesterone test. It turns out, her nurse miscommunicated with her and told her I had started my period the day I went in to have my blood drawn to test my thyroid and prolactin. As such, my doctor really didn't see the point in doing a progesterone test, which is why she told me to come in 7dpo next cycle. It took us a few minutes to figure that out though, and the only reason she did is because she asked for the date of my LMP, when I told her October 9, she asked when the one I had between that was. I told her I hadn't had it yet. *light bulb goes off* We are back on great terms, and happy that we cleared up the confusion. She told me had her nurse not told her I was on my period, she would have happily re-ordered the progesterone test on 7dpo. So next month, I will be back in for a test on 7dpo.

If you paid attention to that last sentence you will realize this month, sadly, did not work out, despite the awesome 28 progesterone number. In fact, I think I actually ovulated the day I got my positive OPK instead of the day after because my visitor is here a day early. The weird thing is, I am not upset. The thing that makes that weird is I thought I just might be. It felt different, I was hopeful, I felt good about this cycle. But today when I realized it hadn't worked I just thought, "Bummer. Oh well, we'll try again!"

I decided that I am done wasting money on OPKs every month though. Back when we were doing fertility treatments, I wanted so badly to buy an ovulation monitor. I had researched them, gone in and looked at them at the store, but never bought one. I think it was because I couldn't justify spending money on the strips more than anything when I could use cheaper OPKs. But they have a new monitor out now that analyzes your saliva and was on sale for $250. It's called Ov.acue. It is supposed to be really awesome. I talked to my husband about it and told him that in the last three months alone I had spent over $70 on OPKs. I also reminded him that we want more than one more baby, so this thing should get plenty of use and pay for itselt. He finally told me I could go ahead and get it, so I ordered it this afternoon. I will let you all know how it works and give it my thumbs up or thumbs down.

I also ordered some meds that are supposed to help with your CM. It is supposed to make it more fertile and more abundant. There were about 60 reviews on the site about it, and most of them were 5 stars. I figured I could buy a bottle and give it a try for a month. If I like it, I'll buy more if I need to. I thought this was a product I could try and rate for all of you as well. I know we're all trying to find anything to boost our fertility, so my interest in these products is more than two-fold.

In addition to the above, one of my fellow blog friends tipped me off to a relaxation/visualization series focused on trying to conceive. It is a 28-day series called Cir.cle+Bl.oom that has a 10-15 minute daily relaxation/visualization session where you learn to take the stress away from trying to conceive and visualize your body preparing to be fertile and then accept a baby. If your cycle is longer than 28 days, as mine is, you just repeat a couple of the sessions from other days. I am BIG on things like this. I have been into meditation for a long time to help calm and relax me. I am also a firm believer in the power of visualization, so this is right up my alley.

I really don't care if we don't get pregnant right away using these three things. I just look forward to using them and seeing the difference they make toward my overall fertile health. I also like the idea of providing information on potentially great products that my fellow infertiles might find helpful. I feel like I have provided some great information this past week around progesterone levels, so why not keep the good info coming?

Side note: I am not being paid to endorse any of these products. I just want to find great products that can help all of us achieve our pregnancy dreams.

11 Thoughts:

S.I.F. said... [Reply to comment]

I actually did a freelance job where I wrote about that ovulation detector! I think you're really going to like it!!

Leah said... [Reply to comment]

Sorry it didn't work out Michelle. Thinking of you.

twondra said... [Reply to comment]

So proud of you for trying new things! You go girl!! :) I hope it works out for you. I think and pray for you all the time.

So glad you got the misundertanding figured out and that's great you talked it out. :)

Anonymous said... [Reply to comment]

Right on. Ovulating is such a great milestone to achieve. I've gone years without doing it once. I'm rooting for you lovely lady and it sounds like your body is too. Sooo exciting!

Jessica said... [Reply to comment]

Hope you like all the products :)

Anonymous said... [Reply to comment]

Glad to hear you left the dr office on Friday feeling better about everything. Misunderstandings suck, LOL! I am happy to read that you are feeling ok about AF coming. And the new products sound awesome, and inspiring, will you email me specifics when you have time? Pretty please! Love you girl, I'm so proud of you on this journey. I know it has been a roller coaster but your heart shines thru every day and one day soon the desires of you heart will come thru and I will be ready to throw a big party for you!!!! Love you girl - hope you have a great week!

JourneyGirl & JourneyMan said... [Reply to comment]

I am sorry this cycle didn't work out but honestly, my friend, you have a brilliant attitude!! Great news about the ovulation machine thingo - that should be a fab help!! Oh and I used a fertility relaxation subliminal in my regime before I went to Thailand (and also while we were there including the transfer) - I totally believe it helps out. All the best!!

Christina said... [Reply to comment]

I have the Ovac.ue and really like it. The vaginal sensor is worth it, too, to confirm ovulation. Wise choice :)

Suzanne said... [Reply to comment]

I hope the products help you get your BFP soon :)

Mazzy said... [Reply to comment]

I'm sorry it didn't happen this month for you. I hate the game, the waiting, the roller coaster... it is just hard not to get so wrapped up in it even when you don't want to. I don't blame you buying the monitor, I hope it's as awesome as it sounds.

Glad you resolved the issue with your doctor, too. They certainly become an INTREGAL part of our lived when we are going through fertility drama, and its nice to have someone with which you are on great terms.

I can't believe we aren't friends on FB. Hello?!?!?!

Potters said... [Reply to comment]

I'm sorry that things didn't work out for you this last cycle. But I am glad you were able to figures things out with your Dr. I am sorry I have been so bad at leaving comments on your blog. I swear I read it and intend to leave comments but I just hate doing it from my phone.

 

Template by: Bright Sunshine Designs by Mary