Find other Adoption/Loss/Infertility bloggers who share your struggles by visiting the Stirrup Queen's ALI Blog Roll.

Saturday, November 27, 2010

I Cheated. I am Weak.

I am who I am, and I accept that. I tried to hand everything over to God and not think about it, but on about CD16 I found five old OPKs under my bathroom sink while I was trying to pack for our Thanksgiving trip. I laughed when I noticed the expiration date was March 2010. But being the Infertile that I am, I could not simply toss the expired tests in the trash. Oh no. I giggled and thought it would be funny to see if they were still accurate. It was almost 11:00 at night. My bladder was nearly completely empty, but I just had to see if I could conjure up enough to use one of the tests, so I did. It came back positive. Again, I laughed. I then used three more the next day and watched as my LH surge ebbed away. The moral of the story is just because OPKs "expire" it doesn't mean they aren't still good.

So where does that leave us? In the Two Week Wait.

But I don't have time to think about that because I caught a nasty cold from Baby Bean, my own personal petri dish. Monday night I had a major sneezing fit that lasted a couple of hours. I thought it was allergies because the temps had gotten up into the 80s after weeks in the high 60s-low 70s. Tuesday afternoon at work I knew it wasn't allergies as the cold knocked me on my butt. I left work early and went home to sleep off the dizziness and fatigue that had set in. I didn't want to be sick for the Thanksgiving holiday, especially because we were going to spend the day with my husband's best friend and his heavily pregnant wife who is scheduled for a c-section on Tuesday.

I started popping zinc tablets like they were going out of style and downing the vitamin C, but Wednesday was worse than Tuesday. I went to work for maybe half an hour and then went back home to sleep.

Thursday morning we got up at 6:30 a.m. to leave the house by 7:00 and my husband asked multiple times (much to my annoyance) if I wanted to stay home. Of course I couldn't tell him I wanted to stay home. He rarely sees his best friend. I just vowed to stay clear of J, his best friend's pregnant wife, as much as I could. The last thing I want to do is get her sick before she has a baby in a few short days! I did take her shopping though to help her get the last of the baby items she needed, and we had a great time. I just made sure to cough into tissues and use lots of hand sanitizer.

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving. We ate at J's brother's house with his adorable family. They served a very tasty meal that was only beat out by their hospitality. They were so accommodating and generous. I couldn't thank them enough for letting us spend the day with them. If I couldn't be with my family, I am glad I was able to be with theirs.

Baby Bean has been having a hey day, skipping naps and going to bed late. We went to the Texas Renais.sance Fe.stival today and had a great time there. Baby Bean got to ride the ponys twice! She LOVED it. We rented her a wagon and it was so cute to watch her sit in the back and hold on to both sides of the wagon as she took in the sights. I was amazed when she wanted to share my beef jerky and actually ate it, rather than spitting it out or tossing it on the ground. She officially learned how to screw lids on and off water bottles today too.

We have had a great few days. My husband's friends are like family to him, and I am thankful to be accepted into their fold. They are such great people, and I am so glad they are in our lives.

I hope everyone out there in the U.S. had as good a holiday as we did. :)

10 Thoughts:

Kahla said... [Reply to comment]

Hoping that this 2ww will leave you with a little turkey in the oven! ;o)

You must be close to us, we are near the RenFest (Willis, just a few miles north of Conroe).

S.I.F. said... [Reply to comment]

I wouldn't have been able to resist either!

Take care of yourself though friend, and get better soon!

twondra said... [Reply to comment]

I'm so sorry you were sick! Doesn't sound like fun at all. :(

I'm glad you had a good Thanksgiving, though! Sounds wonderful!

Barb said... [Reply to comment]

You are not weak... just stressed and frustrated. IF is such a pain.

Alex said... [Reply to comment]

Oh you're such a cheater! Don't worry, no judgement here, I've definitely been there! Hope this 2ww goes fast! Glad to hear your Thanksgiving went well. And I love the TX Renfest - haven't gone this year but have gone a few times - I bet Baby Bean loved it!

Anonymous said... [Reply to comment]

You're not weak. Yeah, 2 week wait.... is it over yet? How about now? No? Now?

Mazzy said... [Reply to comment]

Hope you're feeling better, sweet girl!! And I am so glad your holiday was wonderful. Family time cannot be beat.
xoxo

MissNoAngel (find me on Twitter) said... [Reply to comment]

Sorry you're sick but I'm glad to hear you had a good holiday! I'll be stalking your blog & sending you "baby dust" vibes for the next two week! *fingers crossed*

JourneyGirl & JourneyMan said... [Reply to comment]

Gosh, I challenge anyone to be able to leave throw those OPK's out - that is a tough ask!! Your Thanksgiving sounds wonderful!! Hope you are feeling better!!

Jessica said... [Reply to comment]

Thanksgiving sounded wonderful! Check out my blog I gave you an award!

 

Template by: Bright Sunshine Designs by Mary