This past week just sucked major ________ (insert noun of your choice). I can't believe it hasn't even been a full week since Monday yet. Let's see what happened that made this past week complete and utter _______ (insert adjective of your choice).
- We had to put my 14-year-old cat down.
- I wasn't there when my cat "went to sleep" to tell him goodbye, to pet him, and to love him in his final moments.
- I had the craziest cycle that led me to worry about my fertility for the first time in years and ended with the oh-so-lovely appearance of AF.
- I am the fattest I have ever been aside from when I was pregnant, despite watching what I eat and getting out for regular walks.
- I picked my daughter up from daycare early yesterday and headed to the craft store to do a little retail therapy from this past week. As soon as I had her in the cart and we were off to shop, she puked all over the place.
- I had to strip my daughter down to her diaper just outside the store and put her puke-covered clothes into a bag from the craft store, and then carry my child across the parking lot while carrying a bag that made it look like I had just taken my baby out shopping in public in just a diaper. I am sure people thought I was probably Br.ittney S.pears.
- My daughter then threw up 4 more times, totalling 5 times in 4 hours. It was food poisoning. Guess who gets to talk to the daycare on Monday?
- I was supposed to do a Race for the Cure this morning, but due to #5-7, I was unable to attend. I was going to go with my best friend J and her two sons. We had been planning this for about 6 weeks. We had paid our dues, gotten our t-shirts and race packets, and had plans to do brunch afterward. This post was supposed to be a recap of the race, complete with pictures of our children enjoying the walk and the festivities afterward.
- Our local farmers market on fresh, organic, local, whole milk; and fresh, organic, locally grown vegetables.
- UPS store, sending the antique heirloom baby crib back to my sister who is somewhere around 22 weeks pregnant, along with all of her awesome burp rags (seriously, they are awesome and you can't find that kind anymore) and some baby clothes. It was the first of at least two baby gear shipments.
- The grocery store. They had Dr. Pe.pper on sale for .88 cents. Hubs drinks the stuff like water, and that price makes it a steal. It's usually $1 on sale and about $1.25 when its not. I also had to buy party favors for my unwanted visitor. I hate her.
- Wally world, where I bought the last three books in the Tw.ilight series (and at about $5 less than at B&N), along with some much desired fall decor and a new lamp for my front room.
- Ho.bby L.obby for some more much desired fall decor. Baby Bean kept trying to steal the plastic coated styro.foam beads of my garlands to eat them.
At any rate, I'm glad this week is over, and I pray that next week makes up for the crap that took place over the last 6 days. I know I will at least enjoy the next week basking in all my new fall decor and reading my books.






6 Thoughts:
Wow, that is a bad week. :( I'm so sorry. I sure hope you have a better week. (((HUGS)))
Poor baby bean! How were you able to figure out that it was food poisioning?
Glad you were able to indulge in some retail theraphy - I'd love new fall decore myself, but that's probably not gonna happen. *sigh*
((hugs))
Arg how frustrating your week must have been for you. I hope this new week is better. I am glad you at least enjoyed what you spent your money on.
When you live somewhere hot, there is nothing better than the changing seasons. I cant believe you guys DECORATE for it though, it's certainly not done where I'm from/where I live. Maybe a Christmas wreath if you're lucky!
Man, I'll go shopping with you any day. You hit up the best places. Sorry to hear about your cat.
Ugh - last week sucked! Here's to a much better week!!!
Post a Comment