So on CD 21, which was 5dpo, I had some very light spotting. Because of my past history and spotting so far ahead of when AF is due, my heart fell when I saw it. Early spotting was the whole reason we started seeing an RE 3 years ago. At the time I thought it was because I was miscarrying because it lasted for a week before AF showed, but it turned out it was because I had low progesterone and wasn't ovulating. So add that to the fact that I am not sure I got a positive OPK this month (if you want picture proof, see below and tell me what you think), and I'm not feeling so great about things, and not even just this month, but about my fertility in general.
I had been trying to not think about it because it is also entirely possible the spotting was brought about from my surgery incision still. I have had days since the surgery where I will randomly cramp and spot a little, so it isn't unheard of for me lately. Not only that, but it all stopped completely by the end of the day and then I didn't have anything the next day.
Today, however, was a different story. It was lighter than on CD 21, but it was still apparent today on CD23 (7dpo). And because it showed up again today, I am more convinced that it is most likely due to low progesterone.
The sucky thing is, I called my doctor's office on CD21 as soon as I saw the spotting to request a blood draw to test my progesterone levels. They hadn't called me back by 4:00, so I called my RE and left a message with them, asking them to please order one STAT for the next morning so I wouldn't have to go all weekend wondering about the results. Well the next morning my doctor's office called me back and told me to come in on CD21. I was disappointed when I told the nurse that was the day before. "Oh. Oh.... well let me talk to Dr. L and see if there is anything we can do. I'll call you back." I bet you don't have to be a psychic to guess what she said when she called me back. "It's too late now." Thanks. Thanks a lot.
Granted, when I have spotted in the past with low progesterone, it has been constant and pink and for a full week before AF is due. This time it is barely perceptible and it comes and goes. So I'm not 100% convinced it is a progesterone issue versus a cranky uterus.
I am going to have to go with its not a pregnancy simply based on the fact that I have no other symptoms. That and I just don't feel it, you know? I'm not getting that, "I could be pregnant" vibe. I'm getting more of an, "Okay, don't freak out. This doesn't mean we'll have to do treatments again" vibe, and the only reason I've got that is because I had a low progesterone spotting cycle the one before I got pregnant with my daughter.
Anyway, enough about me. What's going on with all my lovely blog friends? I'm off to find out.
Update: There was zero spotting again today on CD 24 (8dpo). I wonder if there is a pattern going on here, and I'll spot again tomorrow.
Have you ever just wanted to punch your uterus? I sure do right now.






6 Thoughts:
I know you don't feel it, but I'm going to keep my fingers crossed for implantation bleeding, because... maybe. Just maybe...
I know I am clueless when it comes to this sort of thing. When I first got my iud out it took me at least a few months to get my periods back to a normal cycle. I was spotting and starting early or late. I know that doesn't answer any if your questions or help ease your concerns. I still ended up pregnant (by surprise in a way) 5 months after my iud removal.
Eeep. I'm so sorry this is happening to you if indeed it is bad news. It is very hard to find a great doc office sometimes where the folks that take the messages are just as aggressive and about infertility as the docs are. Hang in there lovely lady! You are strong and amazing.
Maaaybe on 9/25?? I disagree. I don't know why they couldn't test just to see if it seems at all normal. Oh well. :( I am a pessimist, so I'm bad to answer this stuff, but I agree with a lot of your assumptions.
xo
hmmm...wish i could help you. i thought implantation too...i can't believe they can't check your prog levels one day late??
Yes, I've often wanted to jump-kick my uterus back to whenever the hell it came from.
Maybe you know this about me already, but I've been spotting before AF for 3 years now. And I ovulate. And my temp doesn't drop after O, which would indicate low progesterone. And I've even tried Vitex AND progesterone cream, hoping that maybe they would fix it. But, alas, through it all, I continue to spot. And my doc doesn't know why. And at this point, she could care less. So, anyhoo, my point is, spotting doesn't necessarily mean low progesterone... or so I've been told.
I know, I'm not helping. Sorry :(
Post a Comment