Find other Adoption/Loss/Infertility bloggers who share your struggles by visiting the Stirrup Queen's ALI Blog Roll.

Monday, February 8, 2010

Isn't she Lovely

My new bloggy friend Chirleen at Confessions of a TTC-A-Holic graciously nominated me for the Beautiful Blogger award. Thanks Chirleen! I have to say, I love her blog because she is so spunky, and we have a mutual love for musical instruments.




The rules of this award are:
  • Thank the person who nominated you for this award.
  • Copy the award and place it in your blog.
  • Link the person who nominated you for this award.
  • Tell us 7 interesting things about you.
  • Nominate 7 bloggers.
  • Post the links to the 7 bloggers you nominate.

Seven interesting things huh? That will take some thought, but here goes nothing:

  1. If you had told me when I was in elementary school that I would grow up to write manuals, I would have told you you were a huge liar and kicked your shins. I never in a million years thought I would end up in the profession I did, and it was all by chance.
  2. I took piano lessons for 6 years and never learned to play... until I quit taking lessons... and then I taught myself. Sorry for the waste of money mom and dad! :p
  3. I laugh my ass off any time anyone steps on anything crunchy like popcorn or chips. My friends and I used to go to the movies every Friday, and they would always "spill" their popcorn in the aisles because it would send me into fits of laughter when people stepped on it.
  4. Dog farts make me laugh. They make me laugh so hard I can't breathe, which sucks because Sadie is the fartiest dog I have ever owned. She puts grown men to shame.
  5. My little brother is coming into town for my 31st birthday this weekend, and I can't wait. We are 4 years apart, but act more like we are twins. We were inseparable growing up.
  6. I had Baby Bean 9 days before my 30th birthday. I was so deep in baby blues on my birthday, I let it slide by in silence. I didn't tell a soul it was my birthday. My mom was here helping me out with the baby and told Hubs and I to at least go to dinner, so we did.
  7. I grew up in the Rocky Mountains and miss them horribly. Texas doesn't have mountains. They think they do, but that is because they don't know what mountains are. I miss going hiking with my dogs. I miss getting caught in the rain a few miles from the car and laughing all the way back down the mountain.

So there are my 7 things. I now tag:

  1. Journey Girl
  2. Carrie
  3. Leah
  4. Al
  5. Justine
  6. Cherish This Baby
  7. Megs

6 Thoughts:

Marla said... [Reply to comment]

I hear ya on the mountain thing. Texans think speed bumps are mountains. Lol! I'm glad you agree with me on that, bc I'd rather not be kicked in the shins. =)

[cre] said... [Reply to comment]

Awwww! Big hugs to you! You're so sweet!!!! And funny, too!

I love that you're so giggly about people stepping on crunchy popcorn! I always get the giggles in a theatre when it's all quiet and everyone is rummaging through their bucket of popcorn and sipping on their straws - that always gives me the giggles.

Doggy farts make me laugh, too. Our Gracie girl has really bad gas and my hubby likes to blame it on me! She always stops whatever she's doing and reaches her head back and looks at her rear like "what was that??" It always makes me crack a smile!

I'm really close to my siblings, too. My sister lives in AK so I don't see her often enough but my brother is in the military and he's moving back here this summer - I am SO excited! He's 7 years younger than me but so much fun!

I agree about the Rocky Mts. When I go to the mts here in NC, they look like rolling hills to my hubby. I grew up in Alaska so I really miss the gigantic REAL mountains.

You're so cute! Thanks for playing along :)

Heather said... [Reply to comment]

I live on one of the ONLY hills in the entire of Perth. It's just about steep enough that you want to get off and walk your bike up it. Aside from that there is one hill in the centre of the city and one set of 'ranges' along the outer edge but 'hills' are about how I'd describe them.

I'm from New Zealand where the entire country is made up of volcanoes and volcanic eruptions NZ lies on the joint of two tectonic plates). You cant find a flat piece of land or a straight road if your life depends on it!

Leah said... [Reply to comment]

YAY! Thanks for the tag! I always LOVE reading people's interesting facts. Seriously. . . It never gets old. I feel like I get to know a person so well by hearing the random things about them.

Sorry about your baby blues. That must not have been fun. And growing up near the Rocky Mountains! Lucky you! I love mountains and well, MN is VERY flat.

AL said... [Reply to comment]

Awww, Thanks for the award!

I'm jealous that you grew up in the mountains, I love mountains and have never gotten my fill since I grew up in Indiana and now live in IL. What was I thinking?

Anonymous said... [Reply to comment]

You are so funny. I love the dog fart one and it feels so nice to know I am not alone! LOL! They are so funny and strangely human sounding!

Thanks for the nomination, you're the best!

 

Template by: Bright Sunshine Designs by Mary