Find other Adoption/Loss/Infertility bloggers who share your struggles by visiting the Stirrup Queen's ALI Blog Roll.

Monday, February 15, 2010

Christmas Is Over

The weekend with my little brother flew by in a flash. It honestly seems like I just went to the airport to get him, and already he is gone. We ended up getting 12.5" of snow the day before he flew in. I joked that it was all just for him, since he was coming from up North. Hubs said none of my family can come visit anymore because it snowed just before my parents came down and again before my brother did. Stinking snow.

We had a total blast all weekend. Birdman (his nickname) got in around 1:00 on Friday afternoon. The next few hours were spent taking care of the baby and waiting for Hubs to get home from work. When he did, the babysitter showed up right on time, and we were out the door to diner and Av.atar (awesome movie; awesome). My brother LOVED it, which made me happy.

Saturday we went to the Bo.dies exhibit. It cost a pretty penny to get in, and I have to sadly admit, it was a big letdown. I expected it to be so much cooler and bigger than it was. Don't get me wrong, it was neat and all, but I apparently had some pretty high expectations. In fact, all of us thought it was a big letdown. You know those chicken jerky treats you buy for your dog? Well, the bodies looked like those things. Some of the exhibits were really cool, and some of them just weren't. I really did enjoy the fetal section though. They had fetuses at different stages of development. Its sad that they are actual babies, but it was so cool to see what my baby looked like during certain stages of the pregnancy. Just FYI, the baby that was 9 weeks old had all 10 fingers and toes as well as the beginnings of a skeletal system. How anyone could abort that is beyond me. I couldn't stop staring at each of the babies. I was so enthralled and amazed at the journey. I think that exhibit alone made my admission worth it.

After the Bo.dies exhibit, my brother wanted to go to the aquarium that was right across the street, so we did. It was more like a zoo than an aquarium, but all of us loved it. The rest of the weekend was spent shopping (Birdman loves to shop as much as I do), eating tasty food, sleeping, and playing Ma.rio Bro.thers on the Wi.i. It was so much fun.

Before we knew it, I was taking him back to the airport. I dropped him off and cried as I drove away. It literally felt like I had left a little piece of my heart behind. I cried again tonight even. I hate living so far away from my family sometimes.

Tonight after I got home, I started feeling really down. I thought about it and I realized it is because I don't have anything really exciting to look forward to now. My Christmas is finally over. My New Year blues have officially begun. Its back to the old bump and grind, trying to find that little something to make each day not seem mundane, trying to remember to find the pleasure in each passing moment instead of wishing it all away.

I guess for now I need to remember what it means to really put my nose to the grindstone and get back into the swing of things. No more slacking off. It is time to get back to business.

*Alert - This may be a bit TMI*

But on a very happy side note, my cycles are quickly returning back to normal. I haven't seen such lovely CM since before I got pregnant. You know you're an infertile when the sight of your CM makes you smile and clap your hands. I can't believe how quickly my body has gotten back into things since having my IUD removed a week and a half ago. Only a few more days and I start up on the OPKs. I've got my fingers crossed that I get that perfect positive. For now, I will look forward to that until something bigger comes along.

7 Thoughts:

JourneyGirl & JourneyMan said... [Reply to comment]

I am glad that you had a wonderful time with your brother - sounds like you had a blast. It is very strange to think of you guys over there with your mountains of snow and we are sweltering here - I have never said this before ever in my life but I will be happy when summer is over.

That letdown is tough but I am sure you will find some fab things to look forward to!

Leah said... [Reply to comment]

It sounds like you had a wonderful time with your brother. I also LOVED Avatar! I also loved the fetus section of the bodies exhibit. It was pretty amazing to me. Wow.

Anonymous said... [Reply to comment]

What a great weekend and I am still just amazed by the 12.5" of snow, that is NUTS! I too loved Avatar, it was great! Did you go to the Dallas aquarium? I know you're TX but can't remember exactly where. We went there last time we were in town and it was awesome and SO zoo like, LOL!

I'm sorry you had to say goodbye to your brother, I am sure that was really hard for you both! Long distance family is really hard but it's good for the times that you get together that's for sure!

Yeah for AF, that is great and your body is really doing it's thing, WOO HOO! I totally hear you on the looking forward to things, we are in the same boat but I keep trying to find the little things to look forward to until something bigger comes along. It works for now. Keep your chin up girl. And don't forget your shades cuz the future is BRIGHT! LOL, I know, I'm cheesy like that! :)

Potters said... [Reply to comment]

I am sorry you had to send all of your family back home. Hopefully you get another chance to see them soon. It sounds like you had a lot of fun with your brother there. Glad to hear that your period is getting back to normal so fast.

Mazzy said... [Reply to comment]

I go through that feeling once a year or so... it always follows some much hyped event in our lives and when I think I should be lefted feeling at peace that something is finished, I usually wind up feeling depressed that the excitement is over and life is back to usual. I am pretty sure I'll go through that after the whole moving business is done. It is so manic, yet so very human at the same time.

I am glad you guys had a great time this weeked. I have tried to get J to go to the bodies exhibit with me for YEARS, but he refuses and thinks it is so gross in priniciple. Eh. Now I don't feel like I a missing so much because it IS so expensive!

I pray you are on the upward slope of your next big exciting adventure... baby numero dos!

XOXO

S.I.F. said... [Reply to comment]

I walked into work today and thought "Crap. Three more months until the next 3-day weekend." That's horrible, right?!? But yay for your exciting next few weeks! I'll be pulling for you...

[cre] said... [Reply to comment]

Oh Chelle, I can totally relate to the relationship you have with your brother. In fact, my sister and brother both live in Alaska (we grew up there and my sister stayed and my brother is now stationed there with the Coast Guard) so I don't see either of them very often at all. My brother is getting stationed back here this summer so I am SO looking forward to having him around again, he is SO much fun. The relationship you have with siblings is completely impossible to have with anyone else. It's completely different and very special. I'm glad you enjoyed your time with him. Hopefully you can do it again soon.

I'm happy to hear your CM is looking good for you! Good luck with your OPKs!!! Hopefully they give you some great news and you can have some fun BDing!

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. I am so confused about AF this cycle. I do have my HSG on Monday so I'll be asking the dr then about it. My MIL suggested taking an HPT just to be sure but I had a cd3 u/s and some bloodwork on Tuesday, surely they would have noticed if I'm pregnant, right?

Have a great weekend!!!

 

Template by: Bright Sunshine Designs by Mary