Find other Adoption/Loss/Infertility bloggers who share your struggles by visiting the Stirrup Queen's ALI Blog Roll.

Friday, February 26, 2010

The Good News

I had my HSG this morning, and I am sure my doctor thinks I am a freak because I feel like the news she delivered to me was good. First of all, the HSG was not bad at all. I thought it was going to be worse. I didn't have any cramping and only very minor discomfort. Hurrah!

I was on needles and pins the whole time, watching the screen like a hawk, trying to determine if things were good or bad. Basically I have a section in my uterine wall that is 1/4 the thickness of the rest of the uterus. The space in the wall where this occurs isn't very big, but big enough to attempt a pregnancy without surgery is extremely risky and not advised.

Basically what we were told today is that if we want to get pregnant, we have to do surgery. Sweet. We're all for it. I've already made an appointment with the specialist for our initial consult. Unfortunately it isn't until the 23rd of next month, so more waiting. Isnt't that we infertiles are famous for anyway?

After the surgery I am still at a 40% risk of a rupture during pregnancy. We have been told what we are up against and how all of it would be handled should any of it occur. We're pretty much planning on me spending weeks, if not months, toward the end of the pregnancy in the hospital should I get knocked up. My doctor wishes we would choose not to move forward, but I excitedly (hence her thinking I'm crazy) told her we are going to do so anyway.

So right now things don't look any worse than they did a year ago, we've just had to add some time to our TTC #2 timeline, which I can absolutely deal with when my only other option is no more children. We're moving this wagon forward!

Also, if you haven't heard of Conc.ieve magazine, I seriously recommend looking into it. We were reading through it while we were waiting to be taken back for the HSG and it had some really great information as far as infertility TTC options, doctors, and clinics are concerned. It is geared toward us infertiles. I stole a copy to give to one of my friends and to get some info out of the back for another. I am going to get a subscription for sure, and probably send one to another friend.

5 Thoughts:

AnxiousMummyto3 said... [Reply to comment]

Conceive is awesome! They sell it on Aussie website that I get my Pre-seed from. I believe they have a websie with excerpts from the mag-I think it's conceiveonline or something like that? That might help your friend too.
Glad the HSG went well and looking forward to more updates.

Leah said... [Reply to comment]

I'm so happy that you found out surgery is an option for you. I'm sorry for the additional waiting you'll hae to do. Thinking of you.

Potters said... [Reply to comment]

I hope the surgery is helpful. I wish I lived closer so I could support you better.

JourneyGirl & JourneyMan said... [Reply to comment]

Congratulations on being able to move forward - yay, I am so happy for you!! I am a big fan of having a plan and it seems like you have one now which is fabulous.

Ain't that the truth about the waiting - hopefully then next few weeks will go super quick and you will have a great consult!

All the best!

twondra said... [Reply to comment]

I'm glad things are looking better!! You sound better!! I'm glad you're going to go ahead with the surgery no matter what. :) So happy for you!!

 

Template by: Bright Sunshine Designs by Mary