I know in this picture it doesn't look like much, but that is because what you can see has been sheltered by trees. I woke up to 2" of snow this morning. I also realize that for those of you living in the Northern states 2" doesn't seem like a big deal. I know, I grew up in the Rocky Mountains. In fact, I was so sick and tired of driving in the snow, I moved away from the RMs to where I thought I would never have to brave another snowy road again... HA!
It has been snowing for almost 24 hours straight here. It hasn't let up at all. The stream of snow has been constant all day. The amount that has fallen today is record for the area, and all in time for my special day. I feel so warm and snuggy....
Here is what I found when I left work at 3:00 today.
I was only away from my car for 7 hours people! This isn't supposed to happen here!
Thank you for my birthday gift Texas. Up yours too. :p
All joking aside, my birthday was pretty great. My teammates took me out to lunch for some awesome Tex Mex, including table-side guacamole. It was awesomely delicious. When we got back to the office there was a dozen red roses waiting at my desk for me from Hubs and Baby Bean. When I thanked Hubs for the flowers, he asked if I had received the teddy bear, chocolates, and spa gifts. I thought he was kidding, but apparently he wasn't. He called the flower company and they are resending the entire order tomorrow, so I get two dozen red roses for my birthday!
The thing I loved about it the most was that the red roses are so classic. Hubs usually sends all kinds of different flowers, but rarely red roses. For today, that was exactly what I wanted, so I was quite pleased when that is what he sent. I can't wait to get the rest tomorrow!
Both Hubs and I left work early today to beat traffic on the nasty roads, so when he got home we decided to go out to dinner. Honestly, I had planned on making waffles for dinner, but when that wasn't what he wanted and he began to cook dinner for himself, I protested, so we went out. We went to a local hibachi, which is one of my absolute favorite things in the world.
I am excited that my special day will get to continue on all through the weekend with the rest of my birthday order showing up, then going to get my little bro from the airport, and then partying the weekend away. It just doesn't get any better... well, it would be better without this blasted snow!
P.S. It is 11:45 and it is still snowing as hard as it has been all day. Seriously?! Oh yes, and lest I forget to mention, it doesn't snow here so there are no snow plows, no snow shovels, nothing to help clean up the snow. Aweomeness. I saw people out shoveling with dust pans and trays.






7 Thoughts:
Happy birthday! Hope you had a wonderful day. Coming over from Cre's post.
That actually does look like a lot of snow! And coming from a Minnesotan girl, that is saying something! Especially on the car. Wow! The picture of the snow in the trees is beautiful though! I love snow in trees!
Sounds like you had a wonderful birthday! How thoughtful of your husband to send you flowers at work. Flowers never get old. I love them. :-D
oh Chelle! The snow is SOOOO beautiful!!! What an awesome birthday gift :)
I'm a northern, so the sight of people shoveling with trays and dustpans is funny. :) I can imagine it sure is tough for you guys when it does snow!!
I hope you have a fun weekend!!
Hahaha! You thought you could escape the snow but you were wrong. At least you won't get it much more down there at your house. I am glad you got it and not me.
Happy birthday! I hope it was a great one. I am so excited for you to have your brother there with you to celebrate over the weekend. Hubs did an awesome job on the gifts! I hope you enjoy them.
Dude, it was such a fluke. I have lived here since I was 4 and NEVER have I seen anything like it. INSANE!!! I don't know how people live up north. NEVER EVER!
Holy snow, that is crazy! The dust pan shoveling cracks me up. I am done with the snow, just done. But apparently we are set to get more here in KC this week, grrrr!
Kudos to the Hubby on the flowers and gifts, so sweet. And even better that you get it times two! AWESOME! Hope the weekend with your brother was everything you hoped for, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
Post a Comment