I had made up and printed out a coupon to present to him at dinner that night for a tree in our new back yard. We had a landscape plan drawn up and received it two days before our anniversary. Hubs has always wanted a pecan tree, so I wanted to buy him one as an anniversary gift. Call me sappy and sentimental, but I really like the idea of our children growing up with that tree and always knowing I gave it to their daddy on our anniversary. Next year I plan on having a garden plaque made up to go on the ground in front of it or on the fence behind it to always immortalize our marriage and the tree.

Hubs bought me a new MyTouch phone (the TM.obile version of an iP.hone) for our anniversary a couple weeks before. Awesome gift! I still love it.
That night I took him to Papp.adeuxs for dinner. It is our favorite Cajun seafood restaurant and comes with a nice little price tag. It is always a treat. We usually use family and friends being in town as an excuse to eat there. Everyone wins on that one. On top of taking him to dinner, I bought him a whole pecan pie from the restaurant. His fav!
By the time we got home from dinner I was starting to cramp a little bit. I had been spotting a little throughout the day, but my visitor wasn't due for another week. I figured at first it was just the IUD acting up again. But within a an hour or so of getting home, I was in so much pain I could barely stand up straight or breathe. On top of it, my spotting had turned into bleeding, leading me to believe my visitor was early. I apologized to Hubs and asked if he would be upset if I turned in early, without pie and ice cream. He didn't mind, so I took a pain pill and mozzied off to bed. The next morning the pain was gone and the bleeding had completely stopped. I started thinking about it this week and wondered if the cyst on my left side had ruptured that night. When I looked up the symptoms, they were consistent with what was going on, right down to still being tender a couple of days later. What a wonderful anniversary present to myself.
We made up for all of it the next night though by cuddling and watching a movie while eating our delicious sweet potato pecan pie complete with Blu.eBell ice cream once Baby Bean had been put to bed. Our anniversary was wonderful, and I look forward to our next one.






6 Thoughts:
Sounds like a wonderful anniversary. :-D And I love the tree idea. Something you guys will be able to enjoy for years and years to come. :-D
Major bummer about your cyst though. Hope you are feeling better now! :-D
Sounds like you guys had an excellent anniversary :) Well, except for the possible rupturing of the cyst. Glad you were able to enjoy your Pecan pie!
We have a pecan tree in our front yard, and I swear I can't ever get any pecans because the dang squirrels devour them as soon as they come around. So, then I find the remains of pecans that once were...lol
My hubby and I are fans of Pappa'a as well. Yum, my mouth is watering now with just the thought. And the pecan tree is a great idea. It's one of those gifts that your whole family can appreciate for years to come - not like flowers or candy which die or get eaten quickly.
What a blessed anniversary! Sounds like you guys had a really nice time. And the tree is one of the most awesome anniversary gifts I've heard of.
Just miserable about the cyst. I had the exact same thing happen to me on the first day of our 2nd wedding anniversary trip to Puerto Vallarta. I laid and in the hotel bed and cried for hours. It is SO painful when that happens!
*hugs*
Sounds like a wonderful anniversary!
I'm glad the collar was a go.
Glad you had a mostly great anniversary. I am sure Hubs will enjoy the tree. What a thoughtful gift.
Post a Comment