Find other Adoption/Loss/Infertility bloggers who share your struggles by visiting the Stirrup Queen's ALI Blog Roll.

Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Thank You

First of all, I just want to send out a big heart-felt thank you to everyone in blogland who has asked or offered to send things to us for the baby. Your generosity is heart warming, and I sincerely appreciate being in your thoughts. However, in talking things over with Hubs, neither of us feels completely comfortable giving out our home address or personal information.

Our baby is coming into a very loving family and has received many generous gifts from our friends and family. As the holiday season approaches, we realize that there are many babies out there who do not have the support group our little girl does, or people to love and care for them the way our friends and family care for our child. We want to ask at this time that rather than sending gifts to our baby girl, that you please donate them to children less fortunate than her.

I hope that you all understand our reasons for needing to turn them down, and that you are not offended. Please know that we are truly touched by all who have asked to send us gifts.

3 Thoughts:

Two Hands said... [Reply to comment]

Understand completely. Please accept my continuing best wishes for everything to come and I look forward to "meeting" your babe when the time comes.
Love and hugs.

Potters said... [Reply to comment]

I completely understand where you are coming from. I'm so glad that you have a great support group and loved ones to take care of you.

Pretty Practicals said... [Reply to comment]

Hi Michele, oh thank goodness for that... I had bought a giant bar of chocolate for the baby (and her mom), but now I can sneak a bite every time someone isn't looking! No, seriously, I completely understand and will parcel up the few little bits and pieces I was going to send to you and will donate them to our local mother and baby shelter. Hope all is well, with much love, Liz

 

Template by: Bright Sunshine Designs by Mary