Find other Adoption/Loss/Infertility bloggers who share your struggles by visiting the Stirrup Queen's ALI Blog Roll.

Sunday, December 14, 2008

Oh man! And Yay!

Last night we FINALLY got the nursery painted. We taped it out last weekend, but by the time I got around to painting it, I was having a lot of braxton hicks and was just hurting in general. I ended up spending the whole next day just laying around because I was still so tired. The outlook on getting it done yesterday was looking pretty grim too just because I was so busy, but I absolutely wanted to get it done, and I did minutes before I needed to get ready for my work Christmas party.

After I got home from the party, I removed the tape from one of the stripes... it didn't look good. The lilac paint I had chosen was almost as light as the beige color already on the walls, and they kind of faded into each other. Dang it! I went back to Lo.wes today and got a new shade of purple that is about twice as dark as the first, and I think we have a winner. I'm currently waiting for it to dry so I can go take a peek. The funny thing is, the purple against the beige makes the yellow in the beige really stand out, so it looks more like purple and yellow. The other walls, however, still look beige. They honsestly look like two different colors. Luckily Hubs and I still think it looks good and will go great with the Wi.nnie the Po.oh crib set my mom bought. (Pictures to come.)

As for the Christmas party last night, it should have taken us 20-25 minutes tops to get there from our house. But how long did it actually take? ALMOST 2.5 HOURS!!! Apparently the place they decided to have the party is a massive hotel/convention center that was hosting about a billion Christmas parties as well as little girl gymnastics and cheerleading competitions as well as some ice sculpture showcase that people are amazingly willing to spend 2 hours driving less than 3 miles (no joke) to see. I had a quarter tank of gas when we left the house, drove maybe 10 miles, and was on empty by the time we got to the party. Yeah, I was a tad on the ornery side by the time we got there and vowed not to attend next year if it was held in the same place. The only reason we didn't turn around and go home was because my BFF hitched a ride with us, and I didn't want her to miss the party.

The night wasn't a complete bust, however. They only gave away about 24 prizes to hundreds of people, and I was one of the lucky 24! I won $25 gift cards to Ba.rnes and No.ble, AMC, Block.Buster, and i.Tunes, as well as an i.Pod Sh.uffle. I am pretty pleased with the digs and will put all four gift cards to good use. Hubs laughed when I won the Shuffle because I won one at my Christmas party last year too. I now own three Shuffles and a Na.no. lol

Tonight I finally got around to unpacking all of the boxes my mom sent and some of the ones my sister sent. I am completely overwhelmed! How do I know which bottles to use? How do I know which nipples to use? Why do some baby clothes say they are for newborns but are bigger than the cloths for 3-6 month olds? How do I ensure that my baby will be able to wear all of the clothes she now has based the size on the tag? I can't. I don't want to have new clothes she never wears because the stupid tags are wrong. Where am I going to put all of these things? I need a toy box! And then came the breast pump.... I am so overwhelmed with everything else my brain can't comprehend how I figure THAT thing out! Wonderfully, after everything my sister sent, I don't think we will need very much else. We still need to get the swing, and maybe a bottle warmer for when Hubs is an At-Home-Dad (he works from home) to help make his life a bit easier, but I don't think we need anything else other than that. YAY! Perhaps tomorrow I will do another picture post to show off all of my hard work from this weekend. Right now, I am just so dang pooped and sore, I can't bring myself to make another trip upstairs to get the camera.

Now, it is time for bed and much needed foot massage.

2 Thoughts:

Mel said... [Reply to comment]

Congrats on having the nursery painted. It feels SO GOOD to have that done, doesn't it?
I totally know where your party was and I am not envious of that traffic AT ALL. We have been there for holiday parties past and it is so not worth it. I have also vowed to never go back there for a holiday event. The place is really fabulous in the summer, though!
The stuff is all rather overwhelming, there is SO MUCH of it and a lot of it is personal preference and whatever the baby likes. I know you will figure it all out!
*hugs*

Potters said... [Reply to comment]

Yay! Isn't it so nice to have everything comming together. Getting the baby's room painted and stuff put in it's place. I wish I could have came over and helped ya. Please post some pictures for us.

 

Template by: Bright Sunshine Designs by Mary