I have tried not to think about it too much because if I do it will just make me sad. In an attempt to cope with the idea, I have barred all feelings toward the day. I'm not excited. I'm not sad (yet). I feel nothing. Right now it just feels like any other day. I'm looking more forward to having Wed-Fri off next week than I am the actual day. I'm sure we'll sleep in, open gifts at some point (assuming Hubs gets me anything), and tonight we decided to catch a movie that day. We'll probably also get our traditional Christmas Eve Wen.dys (a tradition we started last year when snow prevented us from going to my parent's).
Don't get me wrong, I am really happy with my current life situation. I have a fantastic husband who takes my verbal hormonal beatings and still loves me despite them. I am 8 months pregnant by the most fantastic husband with the most beautiful baby girl ever (see 3D ultrasound scans). We have two of the smartest, most amazing border collie dogs who are adorable, protective snuggle bugs. We have a great house (despite its heating and draft problems). I have the best best friends I have ever had, one right here and one 1300 miles away. I've never had such caring best friends. I have the best job ever where I constantly get praised for my work (and praise is not dished lightly). Right now, I've just got a touch of the holiday and lack of sun and carbs blues.
At least I will be able to call my family on Christmas day, and who doesn't have a web cam these days? Mom, can you send us some of your fantastic Christmas dinner too please? :D Otherwise I am sure we will eat Christmas burritos or PB&J sandwiches. lol I'm sure we'll start some kind of new dinner tradition.
I'm going to quit whining now. Its only one day in one year, and that one day next year will be amazing with our little Baby Bean who will be almost a year old by then. I will just continue to be excited that I only have to work Mon and Tues next week and the week after. I am really looking forward to being able to sleep in for five days in a row and having so many days to get everything done that I need to to get ready for Baby Bean.






3 Thoughts:
Hang in there hon. I can identify. It will get a bit better.
xoxo
I'm sorry to hear that. I'm a family gal myself and couldn't imagine the holidays without them (although I could gladly imagine the holidays without my IN-LAWS! I'm taking it the same way. Not excited, not anything really. It's not been a great year for us and it's not getting any better (yet), so we'll get through it and hope for something better coming. The holidays will become something brand-new and so much better once your babe is here. I guarantee it.
I'm not sure if my other comment went through or not so I'll say it all again. I'm sorry that you will have to spend Christmas without your family. I am such a family person. I'm also glad that you are going to have a ton of days off in the next couple of weeks. Hopefully it will help you get a little more use to the GD and that you will get lots of time to relax.
Post a Comment