Find other Adoption/Loss/Infertility bloggers who share your struggles by visiting the Stirrup Queen's ALI Blog Roll.

Thursday, December 4, 2008

Crap

I just got the call from my doctor's office regarding my 3-hour glucose test... they won't give me my results over the phone, and I am supposed to go in tomorrow for "instructions." That isn't good. I told the nurse I didn't think that was good. She laughed and said, "Dr. L told me to tell you not to worry, and that it isn't anything to be stressed about." Okay, but you can't give me my results over the phone and I have to go see her tomorrow for "instruction," so that can't be good. I am assuming I was told not to worry not because I don't have gestational diabetes, but because it can be controlled with diet and exercise. My guess is that my "instruction" will be a new diet and exercise plan complete with multiple daily finger pricks.

Yep, I cried.

It DOES explain the weight gain though.

And despite my trying to convince myself that I was good about what I ate over the past couple months, I have finally conceded the fact that no, I have not been good. Chick.fil.et is NOT good, especially when eaten 2-3 times a week with a chocolate shake every time. Cookies by the dozen in the span of a couple days are not good. French fries are not good. Chocolate covered cinnamon bears are not good (I know they sound disgusting, but they are awesome, and I have converted everyone who thought so). So I have to admit, to myself and to everyone else, that I was not good, and that I did this to myself. *sigh*

I will keep you all posted on how it goes tomorrow....

2 Thoughts:

Potters said... [Reply to comment]

I'm sorry that you had to receive that call. At least you will know either way. I'm just glad that your pregnancy has gone good so far.

Two Hands said... [Reply to comment]

I don't think you did it to yourself. Pregnancy is naturally a diabetogenic state, some women just go a little further than normal into it. It will be okay!

 

Template by: Bright Sunshine Designs by Mary