Find other Adoption/Loss/Infertility bloggers who share your struggles by visiting the Stirrup Queen's ALI Blog Roll.

Monday, December 22, 2008

Another Picture Post

I've been feeling much better about things today. I guess posting my feelings last night really helped me work through it all in my head, and now I am back to being excited and not caring so much about the bodily destruction, despite the fact that two coworkers told me today I look huge and two other coworkers told me they thought I delivered my baby over the weekend (because I am so large).

Happy to be back on the sunny side, I decided to finish up putting together baby items and spend some time in the nursery. Here is what I have been doing since Saturday morning....

I asked Mags to help me out by keeping me company while I worked on the nursery, but she was so upset about being in her "pooch pants" and the fact that I would degradingly take her picture, she wanted nothing to do with me. She went and hid under the bed after this picture was taken.

Last weekend I started painting the strips on one nursery wall. It was immediately evident that the purple color I chose was too light, as you can see here. I ended up going back to the store and getting a darker color. Luckily it only takes about 30 minutes to paint all of the stripes.

This is the finished product with the darker color. Sades either really enjoyed the color, or she really liked the smell of the no VOC paint. Can't get high off of that little girl, sorry.

She needed a better sniff, so she stuck her nose in the corner and took a nap. Either that or she was rendered unconscious by the lack of fumes.

Next up, I started unpacking all of the boxes my mom and sister sent. If you are extremely observative and care a great deal, you will notice that many of the items in this picture are the same as the ones shown in the post about the shower my mom threw for me when I went home in November.

Once I got all of the boxes unpacked, I put together the antique crib my sister passed on to me. This is a very miniature version of a crib. All of my mother's babies slept in it, my mother and her siblings slept in it, my mother's mother and her siblings slept in it, and now my baby will sleep in it. It is in incredible shape for having been through so many years and babies. There isn't a ding or a scratch. I also put together the Di.aper Ge.nie II De.lux in the corner.

My sister sent me this adorable little number. It was a gift to her from some friends who are part of the royal family in Indonesia. Its a little covered baby sleeper that you can use to contain baby anywhere you need. My sister used to put it on the dining room table and put her baby in it while she cooked dinner. That way the baby was safe and contained, and she could keep an eye on her.

This is the same thing, I just opened it up so you could see how adorable it is inside. It even has a little pillow. Awww!

Next I put together the Pa.pasan baby swing. A coworker offered to allow me to borrow his swing last week at work and sent me an Am.azon link so I could see what he was offering. When I saw it was on sale for $87, down from $140, came with free shipping, had 1077 customer reviews with an average 4.5 star rating (750+ 5 star ratings), I thanked him for the offer and bought my own. On top of all of its other perks, it was $13 less than the one I was going to buy that didn't get as good customer ratings.

I was on a roll, so I rounded out the evening by putting together the bouncer. I had a small pregnancy brain moment while putting this little fella together, but now its all done and there it is. Now I just need to go get a gigantic box of D-sized batteries so I can test out the bouncer and swing. Good thing I have to go to the store tomorrow anyway. :D
See that baby girl? All of these goodies are just for YOU! Mom loves you!

2 Thoughts:

Mel said... [Reply to comment]

I really love the stripes! Everything looks soooo pretty. ;)
What fun toys, too!

Potters said... [Reply to comment]

Baby girl's room is looking really cute. I love the purple! I can see why it is taking so long to get things put together. There was lots and lots of stuff.

 

Template by: Bright Sunshine Designs by Mary