I really miss my family, and I miss my friends, and I miss my mountains. While I do really like it here, I am really starting to miss everything I knew for the last almost 30 years of my life. The only time I didn't live in that state was for two years when I went away to junior college.
I began to notice the other day at work that I was feeling a little down for no apparent reason. This sadness was compounded by the fact that I don't have a friend to go talk to about it, a friend to make me feel better. I was 100% completely alone with my blues. So I sat at my desk and tried to get through it the best I could, while trying to perk myself up with a cup of hot chocolate, thinking about my new house, and the potential to go shopping for new work clothes this weekend. It must have worked, because I don't remember feeling blue when I left work. I did still feel lonely though. That feeling has yet to go away.
Yes, I do have my sweetie and my pooch, but neither of them are around during the 9+ hours a day while I'm at work. My sweetie tried to remind me last night that I had him and Mags. I told him that I was sure he didn't want to talk about "girlie crap" to which he replied, "Yeah, you need to make friends." I honestly wanted to cry. Right now the closest friends I have are my friends in blogland. You all warm my heart with your comments, support, love, and good news of your own.
Today I actually broke down and cried because I miss home. I tried so hard to not think about it at work, but I failed. When I returned to work after lunch, I sat and cried at my computer while my dad and I texted back and forth. At 3:00 my new supervisor pulled me into his office to ask me how things were going. I started crying again and told him I was homesick. Since he is a transplant himself (as are 90% of the people in the office), he completely understood how I felt and talked to me about it until I felt better. I am going to ask him tomorrow morning if it is okay if I show up a little late to work on Monday in two weeks so I can go home for the weekend before.
I know that this will eventually pass, and that I will eventually feel like this is my home now. I just have to make it past this little hurdle. I hope it won't last long, but I never can tell. I was homesick the whole last two years of my college career. lol






9 Thoughts:
Hello my darling....sorry for being so long to get in touch, my life has taken a swirll at the moment....many changes going on..good and bad.!!!
Now , i see you have been a little homesick my dear, and some tears flowing there too, well, just wanted to say , let them out girl......
yes ...let it go, and add some more in there too for good measure!!!
do u realise how strong you have been all this time...sometimes we just have to give in to our emotions and run with them ....oh my dear, I wish , wish, wish for you all u desire from life, and I know you will get there , soon...but in the mean time it is so painful for you, I understand your pain, well, the pain part only, not of course your reasons for pain, that my dear I can only sympathise with you on, and that I do sincerely and with lots of love ...
I have missed you so much ..and have thought of u often , but was needing to sort out a few things in my life for a bit , can't say I got very far with the sorting , but, hey, I tried !!!
So you are in Texas now !!! wow, and u say you are homesick... is that for Utah?
sometimes i find i have to do soemrthing drastic in my life , in order to appreciate what i had in the first place was right , and good , for me and my girls...
but other times it seems just to keep hanging in there is the right thing also, it's a nother chapter , another life, and another experience....all of which are so important...
You are amzing Michelle, a woman of great strength and emotional discipline....I have found you to be such an influance on my life, yes even at this age i can learn, we never stop ..I think??????
what do I know , I know only me , and even then it's clouded ..sorry for the long comment today , but i am having difficulty with my Pc and it is god just to get on here , so i am making the most of it ...haha
will e-mail you sweetheart, and thank you for all you warming comments to me over my absence, u have no idea how much they mean to me ...i will speak soon to you , in the mean time , chill, and enjoy ....missin u loads ...Kath xxxx
P.S Amy has had scan, good news ? nothing blocked , so starting hormone treatment now...ok so to be honest
i was hoping for something to be fpound , sounds silly i know , but , if they could have fixed it , then , not so silly ...but she is strong, like you ..and am sure it will be the making of her , her vet nursing is doing very well, and is a great distraction for her ..maybe not , but u know what i mean ...
hugs xx Kath xx
I am so sorry you are feeling homesick. I get that way after a few days on vacation, so I cannot even imagine what it feels like to be completely uprooted.
That being said, I am not sure where exactly you are, but if you are in the DFW metroplex let me know if you'd like to meet for coffee sometime! I would love to make a new friend!! ;)
****hugs****
What do you mean you were homesick the whole last two years of your college career? I remember you that you were homesick the whole first two years, too! HEE HEE HEE
Love you,
MOM
Here are some hugs to get you through it! You'll get there. :)
I've been away from home for 8 years, and I've been feeling really homesick lately. It comes and goes.
xo
B
Oooh- we have been there (or here, rather, as where you are is OUR home place!!!) Hopefully a trip back will ease the blues...and as you get immersed in friends and church, life will open wide all its wonderful doors of this new place you are now calling home. Make sure to bring a little special thing back to Texas with you...be it a rock, a childhood memory...or simply a handful of dirt from home. Plant it in your new home..and we will watch you bloom!
blessings,
kari & kijsa
Michelle, I don't know the answer to this one? I have these kinds of waves of emotion and I think what Barb says is very true, it comes and goes, some days are great, and some days are just the worst. You do need to make female friends though, because in my experience only women understand a woman's emotions, and however much our other halfs love us, they will never ever learn to understand. x
I'm so sorry hun, I know how difficult of an adjustment this must be! I do believe that you will get used to it sooner than you think, and that it what it is going to take, just some getting used to. But it is hard in the mean time. I know its not the same because we can't be there to take you out for drinks or to a chick flick - but your bloggy buddies ARE here for you WHENEVER you need us (at least, this one is!). ((hugs))
Honey, IM sorry that your blue, I think anyone would be if taken away from their one true home. I know I would be devastated, and for that reason i pledge to never move! LOL--Dont know if that will work, but Im sticking to my guns--
Anyway, I think the best remedy for this is to stay busy, do things that make you happy, focus on the positive, and visit home as often as you can.
Hugs sweetie, I hope this passes very soon.
XOXO
I'm so sorry to hear of your homesickness. I read your blog regularly, but can never think of anything intelligent to say. I just want you to know that even though I may be a silent blogger, I'm here, and I hope and pray that things work out for you.
Post a Comment