Find other Adoption/Loss/Infertility bloggers who share your struggles by visiting the Stirrup Queen's ALI Blog Roll.

Monday, April 7, 2008

Homesick Update

First of all, I just want to say thank you to everyone who left comments on my last post. They all meant a lot to me over the past few days. I am so glad that I have such wonderful, thoughtful friends who, even though you don't know me outside of blogland, care about me that much. I have to say, the feelings are definitely mutual. I have really come to love and appreciate all of my blog friends. I completely enjoy being able to share and enjoy your lives as much as being able to share mine.

Today I had the most wonderful surprise that just totally made my day: I got a call from my lovely friend Liz from Pretty Practicals! She sent me the most heart-felt, heart-warming email this past weekend and offered to allow me to call her all the way across the pond in Merry Old England. I emailed her back an update on how I was feeling lately (since I haven't had a chance to post the last few days), and sent her my digits back. About 20 minutes later, I got a phone call from Liz and her beautiful British accent. What a way to make a girl's day! I wish you wonderful luck at your show this week Liz. I hope you sell your socks off.

Now for a much needed update. The day after I posted my last blog I went into work and made my first new friend! She is such a sweet, charismatic girl who not only turns out to be my age, but we both grew up in the same area, went to the same university, and started working at our new jobs a week apart. Somehow we have never met, even though it sounds as though our paths should have crossed hundreds of times over the years. What a small world! I have to try really hard not to go talk to her all day so that she can get things done. We have our first buddy lunch tomorrow.

The same day I made my new friend, I also started to make connections with the other people on my team at work. I don't know if my supervisor said something to one of them, or if they decided they wanted to make an effort on their own, but they invited me to spend the day with them in the lab while they constructed their latest project in anticipation of its being inspected by ECL (the equivalent of UL). I got to know each of them better that day, and felt like I was really starting to fit in.

Then this past weekend I got to go shopping for some much needed new clothes. What girl doesn't perk up when she gets to go shopping?! I finally found myself some tops that I like and a couple pair of sandals. After we were done shopping, we took Mags to the park and went for a walk and threw the ball for the pooch. We also went floor shopping for our new house and picked out our new hardwood floors. We're both really stoked about that. We've been keeping pretty busy the last few days, and when we weren't busy we were just spending some much needed time together. We had a lot of snuggling time to catch up on.

This week is going to be really exciting for us, since we close on our house on Thursday, we get to pick up our hardwood floors (which Hubs gets to install :D), we'll have our house painted from top to bottom, and we finally get to move out of this apartment! There is one other bit of exciting news, but I have to wait a bit to share that.

Again, thank you to all of my friends for all of your sweet comments. They helped me get through the rough patch last week. As you can see, I am back to feeling totally excited about life again. :D

4 Thoughts:

louise said... [Reply to comment]

So pleased you are feeling better about everything Michelle. It does take time to adjust, I am finding this after leaving my job, and then trying to find another one, it's a complete nightmare! You have lots to look forward to and new friends to make, everything will work out fine. x

KE II said... [Reply to comment]

I knew you'd bounce back soon Michelle, and how can a girl as bubbly and positive as you not make friends, was only a matter of time. How cool is that that the girl at your office and you have so much in common.
As for the other surprise, i'm dying to know...
And finally, excuse my ignorance, but I don't know what ECL or UL are???? Sorry :o

La La said... [Reply to comment]

I'm so glad you met a new friend, sometimes that makes all the difference in the world, doesn't it? SOO glad you are feeling better!

Barb said... [Reply to comment]

Sounds great!! :)

 

Template by: Bright Sunshine Designs by Mary