Find other Adoption/Loss/Infertility bloggers who share your struggles by visiting the Stirrup Queen's ALI Blog Roll.

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

These Are the Days

Who amongst us bloggers doesn't do the occasional bulleted list post in an attempt to update our readers on many goings-on in our lives, as well as to document them for posterity? I am certainly not immune. And so, I present you with a bulleted update!
  • Rainbows on My Lawn - Apparently my dog Sadie needs a better past time, or something fun and creative to do besides create rainbow colored "leavings" on my back lawn. How, you may ask, does she do this? She eats ALL of my daughter's crayons. Every. Single. Last. One. I bought my daughter a box of 64 crayons to replace the ones Sadie ate. Sades wasted no time eating a full quarter of the new box of crayons. When scooping poop over the last two weekends, I could tell exactly which dog "went" where. I thought I would be safe buying Baby Bean colored pencils instead of crayons, but then Mags decided she wanted in on the chewing fun. I just can't win this battle!
  • Blog to Book - As some of you may be aware, I have all but shut down my secondary blog. I haven't posted on it since January. I started looking into turning the blog into a book this week. I think I have found a great site to do the job called B.lurb. Any of you heard of it? I haven't messed around with it yet, but it looks like I can upload my blog and then play with the layout so that it all looks exactly how I want, and then they will print it in a hard bound book for me. I am pretty excited to explore all of the possibilities, but even more, to have my blog printed to a hard bound book for posterity (after all, isn't that why we really blog these days?).
  • Bad Dogs and Bunnies - No, the bunnies are not bad, but the dogs are. Earlier this year my husband and I found that a bunny rabbit had made her home under our shed. Conveniently enough, after I had been begging him to let me get a pet bunny. Shortly after she dug her burrow, we started to see baby bunnies hopping around our backyard. A few weeks later, we realized there were multiple litters of baby bunnies, due to size differences. Well, one day last week one of my dogs (I'm guessing Mags because she is the fastest) caught one of the baby bunnies and did him in. I'm not sure which dog finished the job (I'm guessing Sades), but one of them tore the baby bunny's head clean off. We caught Sadie with the headless bunny, which she promptly brought to our back door and dropped at my feet. I couldn't look at my dogs for the next 24 hours. Bunny killers. I'm still mad. Luckily, the bunnies did not move on, but they are definitely more cautious about being seen.
  • Baby Showers - I have officially signed up to host two baby showers in the coming months. One is for my BF who went to Turkey to do IVF and is now about 22 weeks along in her pregnancy with twin boys. I have enlisted the help of Marla, from The Chronicles of Marla, to make shower decorations for me, and I am super excited to see what she comes up with! I will also be hosting a baby shower for a new friend and coworker who recently discovered she was very pleasantly pregnant. It just goes to show that I really am okay with putting this baby thing behind me for a bit.
  • Sticking to My Guns - For the first time in over a year I have no idea where I am in my cycle because I just don't care. My OvaC.ue is in the drawer and hasn't been touched in over a month. There is not even one OPK in this house. And guess what? I really, really like it this way. Why couldn't I give up on this a long time ago? It's nice to be able to breathe without stressing for a change.
  • Puppies? - Just because I'm not keep track of my cycle, however, doesn't mean I'm not keeping track of someone else's. Mags has an appointment with the vet tomorrow evening to see if she is cleared for breeding. If so, I will be breeding her next time she goes into heat. This will be her one and only litter of pups because I am breeding for pleasure and nothing else. The pups will be sold at near cost to good homes. Hopefully both Mags and I are up for the task.
Well, that's it for me. Time to go to sleep. Soooo tired.... Night!

6 Thoughts:

Anonymous said... [Reply to comment]

First of all, I'm so excited to see the time of this post and know that you are okay. I hope the weather didn't come too close to you!

I feel like I need a bulleted response so here I go (because I'm just that dorky!)

*I can't tell you how happy rainbow poop use to make me as a kid. Granted I wasn't the 1 who had to clean it up but we had an Alaskan Malamute that loved crayons and she would eat them at any cost. Even ate through a backpack once to get to them. So funny. Reading that brought back so many memories for me.

*I have heard great things about Blurb but have never used them. I am doing the cherish days thing for our pregnancy and my goal is to make it into a book once baby arrives so I can't wait to hear if you like it and how it turns out - then maybe I won't have to search for a company too :)

*Poor bunny. That's awful. We found 2 babies in our yard last week - well Hubs found them with the lawnmower so 1 didn't fair well but we got to spend some time with the 2nd one before putting it back near the nest. So far I think the dogs haven't discovered the nest but that is my fear. Eight fell in love with the bunny instantly so I just pray the dogs don't get them because that would ruin her to know they killed Chico (yes she even named it after an hour of holding and petting:)

*Yeah for baby showers - that's so sweet of you and I know you will do a great job. I always thought it was so much easier to host than just attend. At least then you are involved in making it special and it has a bit more meaning.

*Yeah for no cycle stress - AWESOME! It can be such a relief. And yeah for doggie cycles! I hope M gets cleared for breeding. I did one litter with my Jack Russell years back and it was so much fun. Getting to love on those little puppies until they are old enough to find homes was awesome, I loved every minute of it!!! Good luck

Leah said... [Reply to comment]

I've been wondering about your friend who went to Turkey and how that worked out. So excited that she is expecting twins. :)

You sound in a really good place, and that makes me smile my friend. :)

Mazzy said... [Reply to comment]

What the heck is with dogs and crayons? My Italian Greyhoud eats crayons as if they were candy. And seriously? I buy these hard-to-find Melissa&Doug jumbo triangle crayons because my girl isn't good with the crayola ones yet (she always breaks them) and I am SO SICK of having to work my tail off to find new crayons for her. And? Sick of finding multicolored dog barf on my carpet.

We had a bunny family in our backyard, too. Luckily our dog isn't smart enough to even notice them but we found a baby bunny drowned in the pool and since shooed them off because I couldn't bear the thought of another one drowning in there. I am just SO GLAD the baby girl didn't see it. She loves the bunnies and asks about them all the time. Here's hoping yours stay safe.

xoxo

Alex said... [Reply to comment]

Rainbows on your lawn... hysterical! And your dogs ate your bunnies? Awful!!! I'm so impressed with you hosting baby showers - how strong you are. And even more impressed that you're not tracking your cycle - way to go!

Kahla said... [Reply to comment]

Awww, poor bunnies. Our dogs got a baby bird recently, make me sick. *sigh*

Suzanne said... [Reply to comment]

That is so funny about the rainbow poop! I think that your blog would make an excellent book. I really enjoyed reading that blog and I really enjoy reading this blog as well :)

 

Template by: Bright Sunshine Designs by Mary