In my last post I told you all that I had decided to do a medicated cycle at the last minute to get AF to show before going on vacation. She was actually due the day we left, based on my OvaCue readings. She didn't show that day, or the next, or even at all that whole week. I kept my feet on the ground and kept telling myself it didn't mean I was pregnant. But then I started experiencing all kinds of symptoms, severe dizziness, frequent urination (we're talking every half hour), sore gazoongas, extreme fatigue, etc. So when we checked out of our hotel on Friday afternoon to head back home, I was actually starting to think I was probably pregnant. I told Hubs as much at the airport.
Saturday morning as we were headed to brunch, I told my husband I was pretty dang sure I was pregnant. I told him I would be really, really surprised if I wasn't, based on all of my symptoms. Then things got kind of upsetting because he was worried about the baby being a boy if I was pregnant because I was on estrogen patches. All through brunch it was weighing very heavily on his mind, and he let me know it. So on the way back home, we stopped at Tar.get and I bought a box for FRERs. As you can guess, it was negative. My husband breathed a sigh of relief, and I gave up. No bitterness, no hurt, nothing but 100% pure apathy. I was over a week late and there was no sign of AF. Who cares?
Tuesday morning I went to see my RE. He did his usual check. No cysts on the ovaries, no bun in the oven, so he tested my estrogen levels. Guess what? They were through the roof. Shocker. Apparently really high estrogen levels causes dizziness (I'm still dizzy to this day). He prescribed Pr.overa and AF was forced to show up the next day.
I told him this was the third time this year AF was long overdue, and the third time that I had a cycle greater than 40 days in length, completely NOT typical for me. He told me that sometimes doing medicated cycles can throw a woman's body off, so when she does medicated cycles and then takes a month off (as I did last month), it confuses the body and takes it a while to figure out how to do things on its own again.
But you know what? I just don't care. I really don't. I'm taking a break. I don't have any idea what cycle day I'm on. My Ovacue hasn't seen the light of day since CD15 of my last cycle, and it won't see the light of day for at least this month, if not next as well.
The panic to get pregnant RIGHT NOW has gone. For the first time in years, I just don't care. And honestly, I love it. Big, puffy heart, love it. I feel so free, so light hearted, so happy. All I want to think about right now is going on vacation again in September (more on that in an upcoming post), and again in January. I don't care about getting a bigger vehicle anymore (even though we went and looked and priced them out yesterday). I would rather save my money for plane tickets to Aruba or St. Kitts and Cancun.
I feel like I have fought my way up to the top of the wheel just by changing my attitude about what is important and what isn't. Realizing I can't control when things happen and shouldn't even try. I am so content again. I am completely content with being a family of three. It is so easy, so simple. I am starting to wonder if I really do want anymore because life is so uncomplicated right now.
I don't know when I'll care about TTC again, or if I ever will. If we have more kids, cool, we're totally open to it. But if we don't, cool, we have loads of travel plans, home improvement projects, and other places we don't mind putting the money. But before you say, "Now it will happen. You'll get pregnant because you don't care," think twice. That isn't why I'm doing this. And no, I don't think it will happen because I don't care. (Please read above where my body is messed up from doing medicated cycles; it is going to take a while to reset.)
I just want to go to the beach again. And live there. Forever. With my perfect little family of three.






14 Thoughts:
Nothing worse than your period while you're on holiday so that's one slight bonus I guess!
I've just decided to give up for a while too. I just dont want to think about it for a while, so I totally understand.
aww, I'm sorry. *hugs*
But I'm equally happy that you've found peace with the issue. :)
That feeling is liberating isn't it. I'm really really pleased to hear how happy you are. Life as a family of 3 is great, and you're right, it's so uncomplicated. Plus the upside of more holidays is AWESOME. Can't wait to hear more about this one and the next. We had so many great holidays the 3 of us. It's so nice for Baby Bean to see you so happy and relaxed too. Hope you'll still be blogging though.
I still chuckle whenever I heard somebody say "You'll get pregnant as soon as you stop trying." Hello??? I stopped trying 2 years ago. And no baby yet. Looks like I blew that theory into smithereens.
On a more positive note, I hope this break brings you peace. The same kind of peace that my break brought me. You have an awesome family, and I know that you know that. Y'all should just go live on the beach forever, like you said. ;p
It sounds like you are in a great place, and I'm so happy for that. :) I know with me and TTC, I finally found a bit of peace when I realized that I could no longer focus on things I couldn't control. There is so little that we can control in life, and it's always wonderful to really focus on those things.
I hate AF, that's just not cool and she knows it. I hate that she held off long enough for your brain to start churning. And I am right there with you - I would love to know who the 1st person that said you'll get pregnant because you don't care or when you quit trying it happens. I would like to give them a good punch, or maybe a few. I think that is the worst thing anyone could ever say, even if it happens to come true - there is NO comfort in it.
I remember the contentment that came when we decided to give up and just chill for a while. It was like crack, I had never felt so free and it lasted the full 6 months that we avoided all talk of babies. It was heavenly and helped me so much when we decided to take another stab at things.
You are in my prayers daily girl, I know this journey is not what you wanted, it was not the goal but I do know that you will make the best out of what you have been handed. You have Hubby and Baby Bean and an incredible life that you guys have built. And you have vacations coming up - so jealous by the way, it's just not fair!!!! Keep your chin up and ENJOY THE CONTENTMENT because you deserve it! Love you
Glad your vacation went well. I think this type of break could be very healthy for you. Only you know what is the right path, and for now, this sounds like the right path for you.
I would have given up months ago... I don't have the tolerance for the stress of it, the agony and heartbreak. You are a tough cookie. Giving yourself the freedom to break away from a part of life that you KNOW is toxic for you takes guts.
xoxo
Don't you feel a huge burden lifted once you stop TTC (or on a break)? I know you will enjoy your family of three and live life to the fullest!
You do have a perfect little family of three. Seriously your daughter is a cute mini version of you and your husband. She got the best of both worlds. I agree with you, go back to the beach whenever you can. I'm sure it is fun to listen to the waves and play in the sand with BB. I miss you! I drove past our old work and had to smile as some of our old conversations came to mind. Take care. Hopefully some day I can fly down to see you. :)
I hope you find the peace and rest you seek as you take some time away from this crazy infertility game. I also wanted to let you know that I nominated you for a blogger award. Swing by my blog {www.infertilemyrtleme.blogspot.com} to pick it up when you get the chance. :)
Ugh, hate AF showing up on vacation. I already know that's goign to happen when we are at Disney. Blech.
As for taking a break, maybe you'll relax and get pregnant. totally kidding, I always laugh when I hear that. But maybe you really will???!!!? I don't know, I've relaxed for years and never got knocked up.
Hope everything is all back in order soon and you really do get a little surprise.
I know exactly how you feel. Life is too short to be miserable. I'm glad you're at peace with your decision :) Enjoy your life and being with your DH and Baby Bean to the fullest :)
Just catching up. You sound like you are in a wonderful place right now. I'm so happy that you are finding peace and focusing on other things. I'm still rooting you on and joyed at reading your stories of BB.
Post a Comment