Friday morning my mom and I went shopping, and then we all spent the rest of the day just hanging out until that night when we went to dinner with my friend S, her husband, and their little boy. We had plans to meet up at H.ard R.ock Cafe, but apparently the restaurant closed down over a year ago, so we went to Spa.ghetti Fa.ctory instead. It was so much fun catching up with her and having dinner with her family.
Saturday morning my mom, Baby Bean, and I got up at the butt crack of dawn to head down town to participate in The Race for the Cure. My mom is a cancer survivor, and she really wanted to do the walk, so I went home to join her.
It was really cold that morning. In Texas it had been 90 degrees the day before, and it was under 45 the morning of the race. Baby Bean was a total trooper, but then again, that kid loves being outside more than anything. She really seemed to enjoy it, especially the banana at the end.
After the race, we went to visit a new popular chocolate shop thanks to TLC's The Li.ttle Ch.ocolatiers. If you have seen the show, you now know where I grew up! I had never been to this candy shop or even heard of it before it appeared on TLC. Once I found out they were based in my hometown, my DVR was set to record the show every week. It made me soooo homesick seeing all of the shots of downtown and the Rocky Mountains. It is what pushed me to go home. :) And, as promised, here is a picture of Baby Bean and me at the new landmark!
When we showed up there was a line out the door, but we were undeterred. We waited. I am so glad we did, because I got to meet both Steve and Katie! I chatted with both of them for a while, and they were both so very sweet. I even got this adorable picture.
Baby Bean loved Steve. I'm not sure if she thought he was a little kid like her, but she kept giving him "5". It was so cute. The chocolate was pretty tasty too! Their hand dipped caramels are out of this world. But even better was the Bavarian cremes!
Sunday was really low key. My mom was pretty tuckered out from the walk the day before, and Baby Bean had kept me up ALLLL NIGHT the night before (I'm guessing her ears wer bothering her). My little brother had been off with the Nat.ional Gua.rd, but was able to come home Saturday night, and so got to spend the day with us on Sunday.
Before we knew it, the weekend was over, and we were back at the airport. It was time for one last photo.
Now we're back home and back to life as usual. I am so glad we went. It was so wonderful spending time with my parents, brother, and friends. I can't wait to show you all the heirlooms my dad passed onto me over the weekend.
By the way, I read up on all of your blogs over the weekend from my phone. I commented if I could, which was only when the window didn't refresh to require word verification. It killed me to not be able to comment to let you all know I was here. I will comment as soon as I can. Just know I did think of you all over the weekend, rejoiced in the good news, and ached with those who didn't have such great news. None of you are ever very far from my heart.
P.S. If you can figure out where I grew up, you will win a prize! I will enter all of the names of those who guess correctly into a drawing that I will let Baby Bean pick the winner of this weekend. I promise, the prize is adorable, and I will show it on the post that identifies the winner. :)






13 Thoughts:
Sounds like a great weekend! Did you grow up in SLC?!
Am I supposed to enter my guess here?
Chocolate and racing for the cure? Sounds like a good weekend!
And it all happened in Salt Lake City. I've never been there but heard it is beautiful!
Salt Lake City, hey - I went through there on a road trip to Canada.
Glad to have you back and sounds like you had a fabulous time!
Looks like you had a wonderful time. :) Isn't it great to get away sometimes? And I won't guess the location because I already know. :)
So glad you got that time with your family, sounds like a wonderful trip!! :)
xoxo
SLC... does it count that I already knew that? LOL!
Okay, so I cheated....I looked at the above comments....Salt Lake City! :) So, I know I don't count. :)
Looks like you had such a fun time! Glad you were able to do that with your mom! How special.
Glad you had a great weekend with your family. Welcome back!
You grew up in SLC, UTAH?
Like, the hotbed of Mormons?
And yet you aren't one.
hmmmmmmm.
Sarah, I actually AM one. lol! I am just what they call a "Jack Mormon" meaning I am a member, but I don't go to church and I don't follow all of the rules. :D
Um, West Jordan, Utah? LOL! And I didn't know there was a name for that. Jack Mormon..hmm...
Welcome back, and so glad you had such a fabulous weekend with your family!! Such great pics!!!
It was so much fun going to dinner with you. Baby Bean is so adorable. I loved when JJ was giving her kisses. I need to post the pictures we took. I am so glad you came. That is awesome that you got to see your brother before you left. I love your mom btw. She is so sweet.
Post a Comment