On top of that, I have all of the "what ifs." All of those stupid, defeating thoughts that I just can't get rid of. What if:
- Dr. D is upset with me for seeking a second opinion and so doesn't do as good of a job on my surgery as Dr Jensen would--the doctor who thought pregnancy was absolutely possible, as opposed to Dr. D who recommended surrogacy. Or what if he ties off my tubes just to spite me? I know he won't, and I know he'll take care of me, but I still think, "What if?"
- I go through all of this and then still can't get pregnant for some reason or another.
- It takes me months to get pregnant and I end up in that infertile tail spin again? I hate the freaking out and the worry that comes with each passing month that results in a BFN (Big Fat No pregnancy test).
- TMI Alert - My most fertile months are the 3-4 months we are forced to take off, and by the time we can try, my body remembers it doesn't like to work the way it should, so it takes longer to get pregnant. I remember after I had my first lap done I was so fertile in the first three months afterward it was ridiculous. Of course, I didn't realize what all of the crazy gushing EWCM was until months afterward when I read Taking Charge of Your Fertility. Had I known, we would have been BD during those months. By the time I figured it out, the amazing EWCM wasn't flowing the same way.
But you know what I love? I love that everyone in my life is excited for this surgery. To me it is all just a pain in the @$$ and I want it to be over with, but everyone else is happy for me. Getting comments from folks who are cheering me on makes me feel so much better about the fact that I have to do this. It makes it easier to bear.
One more week and I will be on the other side of things. Just 7 more days.
Funny note: As I was writing this post my music player started playing World, by Fi.ve for Fi.ghting in which it sings, "Be careful what you wish for, history starts now." Thanks a lot stupid Pan.dora. :p






5 Thoughts:
Chelle - There must be so much anticipation for this. And you've had time to wait which means time to think of every scenario. I'm sure it's scary. I'm thinking of you and hoping for the best. I think this surgery will be a major success and you'll be pregnant before you know it.
Thinking of you girly.
Love you bear! I know you can't wait for this to be over... I'm anxiously waiting with you... ;) Love you more than you know!!! My heart hurts when yours does. Love you lots and will be here when u get done.
Yes, the waiting game is an arduous one but the good news is that every day you are getting closer to having that baby in your arms. I am not going to advise you to not think of the 'what if's' unfortunately it is tough to keep those at bay. However, the great news is that you are taking action and it is only 6 days away which is fab news! Thinking of you!
I'm getting so excited for you sweetie! I hope after the 3-4 months, it doesn't take long. I'm thinking and praying for you! (((HUGS)))
Sending good vibes!
Post a Comment