This week has been crazy, yet laid back. I have chosen to spend the last few nights away from work snugging with Hubs while it is just to the two of us, which won't be for much longer. Once Baby Bean makes her appearance, we will be parents for the rest of our lives and our alone time will be scarce. (No, that is NOT a complaint, merely a fact.)
At my doctor's appointment on Monday I was happily informed that Baby Bean has begun her descent. Unfortunately, I was not dilated by that appointment. I'm not sure if Baby Bean has been floating back up and dropping back down the past few days, or if I am just getting used to the pressure from her dropping down. I do know that I was able to completely fill my lungs on my drive home from work yesterday, which made me smile because it has been a long time since I've been able to do that. It felt so good! I have also had a few occasions where she was pushing down so hard it felt like she was trying to skip labor and go straight to birth.
I haven't bothered taking a belly picture because I am only growing at the rate of 1 cm a week at this point. I probably should just to see if I can tell if the baby is dropping, but I have just had so many other things on my mind it hasn't been a priority.
One thing that is driving me insane is my itchy belly! It itches so much, and I occasionally give in to the insatiable itch and scratch like crazy, which has caused my skin to become really inflamed and tender. I just can't help scratching it though!
I keep asking Hubs to help progress labor, but he refuses. He keeps saying that he wants her to stay in there until she is ready to come out on her own. I jokingly say to him, "You don't want her to come out yet because you're scared." He admits that as she could be here any day, he is a tiny bit nervous. Her appearance is no longer something that is months away, but something that could be mere hours away. When people ask me if I'm nervous my reply is always, "I'm 9 months pregnant. I'm far from nervous."
I think we're about as ready as we can be at this point though. The car seat is installed, my hospital bag is packed, and I've bought the last of the necessary baby items. Now I am just waiting for my indication that it is time to go meet our little girl face to face. Too bad I can't seem to keep up with the housework! I shouldn't say I can't so much as I should say I have been choosing to relax and take it easy. I've been sore and swollen, so it is easier to think that I will deal with all the mess later. I did go on a cleaning binge the other night though. I bathed both dogs, cleaned two bathrooms, and cleaned the kitchen. I paid for it dearly in the form of exhaustion.
Speaking of exhaustion, its bed time and I have a big day ahead of me at work tomorrow. The FDA auditor is darkening our doorstep in the morning and I am sure the last minute documentation updates are far from over. Sorry if this post seems scattered, I have had a pretty crazy work week and just want to go to bed now, so I will. Sweet dreams!






7 Thoughts:
Nice to hear the update, can't believe baby bean could be making her appearance any day now. Forget the housework, rest and relax, when are you stopping work??
Good luck with the auditor today. I myself have the same thing happening in just a couple weeks. Always makes you have warm fuzzies.
Thinking of you!
Yay, you're getting closer and closer to baby time. Man I am so happy for you guys. Wish I could be there to help you out around the house.
Ugh... I literally feel every ounce of your misery reading this blog and I am yet a few weeks behind you. The discomfort feels unending to me... I am so glad yours might have an end in sight! Hilarious about your husband not wanting to "help you out!" LOL Husband and I were just talking about that very thing last night and he is also uninterested. Brats!
Hope the rest of your week goes well... I am just dying to log in and read you've had your baby girl!
*hugs*
Unfortunately I will be working right up until D-day. I only get 8 weeks paid leave and it doesn't start until she makes her appearance. :( Unless of course my dr. puts me on bed rest, which I don't see happening. :( :(
heehee; she's gonna wait until my birthday (feb 1st), just wait.
(hopefully now I've jinxed it ;) good luck!)
I am so, SO excited for you!! I can't wait to hear the birth story!
BTW (I'm going to comment here on your last post as well)...don't ignore that nesting insticnt! I TOTALLY had it right before the girls came.
Post a Comment