This past weekend has been kind of crazy. A couple of weeks ago after Hubs had taken the pooches out for their daily dose of Fetch Until You Drop, we noticed that Mags started favoring her right shoulder. I debated over taking her to the vet or just waiting to see what happened. Over the next few hours, she seemed right as rain. However, if she was sedentary for an extended period of time, she would act sore and stiff when she got up, sometimes favoring the shoulder again. This behavior has been on and off ever since. Some days she is just fine, and others she seems stiff and sore. I determined it was probably a soft tissue injury and that she should probably be on some kind of pain medication, so I finally took her to see the vet on Friday.
First of all, I LOVE our vet. The woman obviously loves animals very deeply. She kept snuggling Mags and giving her kisses right on her wet nose. I loved it. After examining my baby, she also determined it was a soft tissue injury and prescribed a week's worth of remadyl. On top of the pain meds, she told me that Mags is not allowed to play fetch for a month. A MONTH?!?! I almost cried! That is Maggie's favorite thing ever. The vet was firm and told me that if I didn't keep Mags from playing that the injury could turn into arthritis or worse. The good news is, the meds seem to be helping the stiffness, but the downside is she hasn't been eating very much. My poor little baby pooch. :(
When Hubs and I first bought our house, our realtor gave us a $50 gift card to Ho.me De.pot. We decided on Friday that we had probably better use it, since we've had it for almost a year (I seriously can't believe we've almost been here for a year already!!!!). I wanted to buy decorative wall shelving for the baby's room, so we got in the car and headed to HD. I didn't find what I was looking for; however, we did find a $300 Christmas tree on sale for $75. After discussing it and making sure there was nothing else we wanted, we bought the tree. Once the purchase was made, I realized what a sweet deal we just gotten. The thing is 7.5" tall and is prelit with LED lights. Plus it looks nice. It will be exciting to decorate it next year and put Baby Bean's pressies under it. :)
That night at around 4 am (technically Saturday morning), one of our smoke detectors frizted and started going off. I know this sounds weird, but we invested in some seriously expensive smoke detectors a couple of years ago after attending a fire safety seminar. They are the only smoke detectors 100% guaranteed to go off in case of a fire and are the only company in the US who can legally make that claim. That being said, we also have the stupid cheapie smoke detectors installed that came with the house (a whole two of them). With that in mind, I was absolutely freaked out when one of the alarms started going off. The expensive ones don't fritz. After about 5 beeps, the alarm stopped, which gave me a sense of calm because I realized chances were high it was a fritzing cheapie and everything was fine. I was right. However, I could not calm my mind. I was so afraid that one of the expensive ones would start going off any moment and that our house was really on fire. Luckily it wasn't, and the expensive ones stayed silent. I hope to never wake up to the sound of a smoke detector going off again.
Yesterday was a total low key day. We went shopping for a changing table and came home empty handed. Shortly after we walked through the door, I was sacked out on the couch for the next few hours.
In pregnancy news, I am totally ready for this baby to come out. First of all, I can't wait to hold her, snuggle her, and love her to bits. I'm looking forward to Baby Bean snugging with Hubs and I on the couch. I am so excited to start dressing her in all of her new clothes and putting her in her swing and bouncer. I am also really ready for the heartburn and its backup to end. Even sleeping upright doesn't prevent the backup anymore. I am totally ready to stop being so sore I can barely walk. I am ready to lose the water weight and to stop dreading post partum. I just want the next chapter to begin already! Only a couple more weeks! :D






6 Thoughts:
congrats! I can't wait for you!
I hope mags will start feeling better. I am excited for you to have your baby girl. Motherhood is the best thing ever! That is a sweet deal you got on your tree too!
I am so with you on the heartburn, sugar. I feel like my esophagus is acid lined 100% of the time. Pepcid isn't really working anymore, either. SIGH.
You are so almost there, doll.... *hugs*
Yip - Just a couple more weeks. The count down begins! Can't wait to hear the news that she is finally here.
Oh gosh, just a couple of weeks more to go! I am totally excited for ya!
One of our dogs blew out his tenden in his knee last year and had to have surgery. So he can't go with us to the dog park anymore, and he LOVES the dog park!
Post a Comment